Requirements for the Minor in Health Administration
(24 credits as listed below)
The minor in Health Administration is designed to provide non-health administration majors with an overview of the health-care field.
Students majoring in Business Administration can minor in Health Administration by completing four courses that are not required for the Business Administration major. These include: HA 150 and HA 320; one course from item “4” below; and Nutrition (HE 581 Nutritional Science and Human Needs), a Public Health course (PBH), or Independent Study in Health Care.
1. Two courses in Health Administration
- HA 150 Introduction to Health Services
- HA 320 Health Care Planning and Policy
2. Three courses in Business Administration
- BA 201 Financial Accounting
- BA 202 Managerial Accounting
- One Business course chosen in consultation with adviser
3. Two courses in Economics
- EC 210 Principles of Macroeconomics
- EC 211 Principles of Microeconomics
4. One course chosen from the following:
- PL 165 Occupational Ethics
- PS 230 Environmental Policy
- SO 260 Sociology of Health Care
- PBH 110 Introduction to Public Health
5. Computer proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing and databases is recommended. Students who lack this background should take CS 104 Computer as a Tool or MA 145 Quantitative Models for Decision Making.