Recommended for all students for increased understanding of communication processes and the interdisciplinary nature of the sciences, social sciences and the humanities.
1. A minimum of five courses in Communication and related areas:
- CM 101 Introduction to Media Studies
- CM 213 Writing and Communication
- CM 250 Visual Cultures
2. One course in Communication at the 300 level.
3. One course chosen from the following:
- CM 319 Writing for Television
- EN 212 Writing Poetry and Fiction I
- EN 215 Writing for Careers
- EN 216 Writing Workshop
- EN 217 Journalism I
- EN 218 Business Writing
- EN 315 Technical Writing
- CM 408 Screenwriting