Modern Languages & Cultures Minors
Requirements for the Minors in French, German, Italian or Spanish
(A total of 20 credits above the 102 level)
FR 102, GR 102, IT 102 or SP 102 may not be included in the total of 20. Students entering at a level higher than 102 should consult with the Department Chair concerning their course selection for the minor.
Up to one bilingual course with a cultural content related to the language being studied.
Requirements for the Minor in Linguistics
(A total of 20 credits)
1. The following four courses:
- EN 334 Introduction to Linguistics and Language History
- LING 101 Introduction to Linguistics
- LING 2XX Phonology and Phonetics (pending approval)
- LING 2XX Syntax and Morphology (pending approval)
2. One elective course from the following:
- IS 2XX Migration, Politics in the Americas (pending approval)
- LING 307 Second Language Acquisition
- US 324 Understanding Language Learning: Using Two Languages To Engage with the World