Biology Education 7–12
Pennsylvania Instructional Teacher Certification (variable credit depending on previous academic credentials)
- ED 503 General Foundations of Education in the United States
- ED 512 Differentiated Instruction In Inclusive Classrooms
- ED 523 The Teacher and the Classroom, Secondary
- ED 553 Issues in Science for Secondary Teachers
- ED 565 Introduction to Instructional Technology
- ED 580 Introduction to Inclusive Education
- ED 606 Strategic Instruction for Emergent and Content Area Literacy
- ED 622 ESL: Multicultural and Multilingual Literacies
- ED 471 Graduate Student Teaching Practicum: Secondary 7–12 (6 credits; credits not applicable to master’s degree) or ED 583B Fieldwork (for students holding a valid Pennsylvania Instructional I or II certificate) (3 credits; credits not applicable to master’s degree)
Additional Certification Requirements
1. Completion of all subject area coursework required to meet the general and specific certification standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This will be determined by the program coordinator.
2. A grade of “B” or better in the Graduate Student Teaching Practicum
3. Completion of all Praxis examinations is required prior to enrolling for the Student Teaching Practicum.
- Pre-Professional Skills Tests: Passing scores on these tests are required for admission to the program.
- Biology Content Knowledge (20235) Qualifying Score: 147