Pennsylvania Instructional Teacher Certification (variable credit depending on previous academic credentials)
- ED 580 Introduction to Inclusive Education
- ED 601 Literacy Foundations
- ED 563 Professional Seminar
- ED 606 Strategic Instruction for Emergent & Content Literacy (k-6)
- ED 607 Strategic Instruction for Adolesdcent Readers and Writers (7-12)
- ED 608 Literature for Children and Youth
- ED 622 Multilingual and Multicultural Literacies
- ED 623 Multilingual and Multicultural Assessments
- ED 699 Assessment, Analysis and Instruction in Reading & Writing
- ED 595 Literacy Seminar/Language and Literacy Project (LLP) (6 credits)
Additional Certification Requirements
1. Completion of all subject area coursework required to meet the general and specific certification standards of the Pennsylvania Department of Education. This will be determined by the program Coordinator.
2. A grade of "B" or better in the Graduate Student Teaching Practicum
3. Completion of all Praxis examinations is required prior to enrolling for the Student Teaching Practicum.
Praxis I: Passing scores on Reading, Writing and Mathematics tests are required for admission to the program.
Praxis II: Fundamental Subjects:
- Content Knowledge (30511) - Qualifying Score: 150
- Reading Specialist (20300) - Qualifying Score: 570