Autism Endorsement Certificate
Offered BLENDED at King of Prussia Campus and FULLY ONLINE.
Admission | FAQs | Required Courses | Clearances | Brochure
About the Graduate Autism Endorsement Certificate
The graduate Autism Endorsement Certificate is designed to develop and enhance effective educational strategies to support K-12 educators, school districts and community-based organizations in using best practices to work with and teach individuals with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). This program offers the coursework and practicum required by the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) for certified professionals to work effectively with children and youth diagnosed with an ASD. In addition, students who complete the Autism Endorsement Certificate will be able to document the required coursework hours toward the PA Behavior Specialist License.
Students may apply to the Autism Endorsement Certificate alone, or they can earn additional credits to complete a master’s degree with school approval and confirmed admission into the selected program.
- Approved by the PDE as an Autism Endorsement, this credential can be earned by certified professionals who demonstrate knowledge in an area of need; it is added to existing teaching certifications upon PDE approval
- Delivered completely online or blended at Arcadia’s King of Prussia Campus
- Essential to educators and professionals serving populations that include persons with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Coordinator: Dr. Adriana Gonzalez-Lopez
Admission to the Program
Requirements for graduate students include the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- An official bachelor's or master's degree transcript.
- A completed graduate admission application submitted online at www.arcadia.edu/SCS-application
- Two letters of recommendation of a professional nature
- A background in education, psychology, communication disorders or another related discipline is recommended
Students can take a course before formal application and matriculation into the program, but they should apply for admission into the certificate program before taking a second course. Taking a course does not guarantee admission into the program.
Frequently Asked Questions
If I am not an educator, can I still apply for the Arcadia Graduate Certificate program?
Yes, as long as you have a bachelor’s degree, you can qualify for admission to the Arcadia Graduate Certificate program.
Can I enroll in a course if I do not have a bachelor’s degree?
No, the courses offered in this certificate require a bachelor’s degree.
What is the cost of the program?
Courses are billed at the prevailing Arcadia University part-time graduate course rate. (www.arcadia.edu/tuition)
How long will it take me to obtain the Graduate Certificate?
The program consists of four courses, and students usually take one or two courses a semester.
Are all four of the classes needed for the Graduate Certificate offered online?
Yes, all of the courses are offered online, and they also are offered in a blended format with a combination of in-person classes and online sessions at the King of Prussia Campus.
The Graduate Certificate Program requires four (4) courses, for a total of 12 credits. All courses in this program include a 20-hour practicum, and students must present clearances before completing this requirement.
All courses are offered online and most courses are offered in a blended format at the King of Prussia Campus. Each course requires a 20-hour practicum.
- ED 660 Characteristics of Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) (3 credits)
- ED 661 Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) I (3 credits)
- ED 662 Teaching Methods for Students with ASD (3 credits)
- ED 663 Special Topics in Autism (3 credits)
State and federal clearances, which include criminal check, child abuse and FBI fingerprinting, are necessary information can be found on the Education website at www.arcadia.edu/clearances.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.arcadia.edu/gainful.