Graduate Registration Instructions
Graduate students registering for programs that do not require full-time attendance have several registration options depending on status and dates of registration. Graduate students do not need adviser approval and thus take personal responsibility for course selection and degree completion (students may contact advisers for help in course planning). The Business Office will notify students through Arcadia email when their tuition eBill may be viewed (www.arcadia.edu/ebill) following registration; students on financial holds will not be permitted to register. Students on a grade hold may register, but will not have access to grades.
To participate in courses requiring fieldwork in elementary and secondary schools, original and updated PA and FBI clearances must be presented on the first day of class. Go to the Education Department website (www.arcadia.edu/edudept) for guidelines and procedures. Courses that require these clearances include, but are not limited to ED110, ED110L, ED211, ED212, ED211/ED212L, ED214, ED220, ED220L, ED221, ED221L, ED222, ED282, ED315, ED317, ED317L, ED318, ED318L, ED324, ED324L, ED375, ED375L, ED375S, ED375SL, ED387, ED387L, ED394, ED394L, ED412A, ED412AL, ED412B, ED412BL, ED412C, ED412CL, ED416, ED417, ED419, ED423, ED423L, ED459, ED459L, ED470, ED471, ED474, ED478, ED503, ED512, ED517, ED517L, ED520A, ED520B, ED562BL, ED563, ED579, ED580, ED580LE, ED580LS, ED583B, ED583E, ED583S, ED584, ED584LE, ED584LS, ED585, ED585LE, ED585LS, ED592, ED595, ED601, ED606, ED606S, ED622, ED623, ED624, ED629, ED665A, ED666A, ED670LE, ED670LS, and ED699.
Graduate Priority Registration schedule
- Matriculated and non-matriculated students may register using Self-Service, E-mail, or a Registration Form (on or after March 30, 2015 for Fall 2015)
Fall 2015 course changes after registration may be made immediately, or during September 2 - 15, 2015. Drop/Add forms for this purpose may be obtained in the Office of the Registrar and online. Students may withdraw from a class (with a grade of W) between September 16 - October 27, 2015 (using Drop/Add form). After October 27, withdrawal from class requires approval from the Dean of the School or College (by petition) and the student is graded WP or WF. Withdrawal is not permitted December 1 - 22, 2015.
Course inactivity, non-attendance, or failure to make or complete payment does not constitute a course drop or withdrawal. Students remain financially responsible for a course registration unless the student notifies the Registrar's Office in writing to drop or withdraw from the course. Fees are assessed according to the current refund policy. Neglecting to drop or withdraw officially will result in a failing grade on the transcript.
Regarding non-traditional and summer courses:
Students in 7-week classes may drop prior to the start of class. Once class begins, students may withdraw (not drop) and/or add classes during the first week of class. Withdrawal with a grade of W may occur as late as the fourth week of class, and withdrawal with a grade of WP or WF may occur as late as the fifth week of class. Students may not withdraw after the fifth class week.
Students in 1-week intensive classes and institute courses may only drop or add prior to the start of the course.
How to Register
Self-Service Web Registration: Current graduate students may register for programs that do not require full-time attendance using the Self-Service system. Please note: Registration for students eligible to use Self-Service begins at the start of Priority Registration and continues until about a week before classes begin.
Visiting, Non-Degree Seeking Graduate Students: If you are new to Arcadia and would like to take Education courses as a visiting, non-degree seeking student, please contact Mary Dress in the School of Education at email@example.com or 215-572-2965 for assistance with contacting an academic adviser. If you would like to take courses in any other Part-Time graduate program, please contact Enrollment Management at 215-572-2910. Registration is limited to three graduate courses. Registration in Full-Time program courses is not permitted.
Full or Part-time Degree Seeking Graduate Students: If you have been formally accepted to Arcadia as a graduate student, please schedule an appointment with your academic adviser. Contact information for your academic adviser can be found in your acceptance letter.
- E-mail Registration. Identify course requests by specific course codes including section and term (e.g., Spring, Summer 1, Fall) in a message sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students will receive registration confirmation by email.
- Registration Form (PDF format)
- Fax completed form to Office of the Registrar at 215-572-2126, or
- Photograph the completed form with your smartphone and email to email@example.com, or
- Mail or submit (in person) completed form to Office of the Registrar
- Students will receive confirmation by fax or email (state preference)
Note: Current students are encouraged to view grades, course schedules, classroom assignments using Self-Service.
- Students who schedule an independent study must request the appropriate form from the Office of the Registrar. The completed form with the required signatures must be included with the registration materials.
- Registration for full (closed) courses is not currently supported by Self-Service. Students using Self-Service are advised to register for all open courses and save their schedule, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request waitlist status in a course by indicating the semester, session, course and section of the desired full (closed) course. The Registrar's Office will add students to the waitlist queue.
- Students with disabilities who require accommodations should contact Disabilities Support Services.
- Students should verify tuition and fees by visiting the financial aid page reporting the current cost of attendance.