International MBA Programs (IMBA)
Arcadia’s IMBA is offered as a one-year program in partnership with the American Graduate School of Business and Economics at AGS. The program is taught in Paris, in English, and accredited in the United States as an affiliated program of Arcadia University.
The Arcadia IMBA at the American Graduate School of Business and Economics in Paris features five key components to prepare students for successful careers in business, government, or international organizations.
There is an international business experience built into the curriculum of the IMBA program in France. Students have the option of studying in France or another country.
It follows a modular model. It includes 10 courses, each taught over one month, with classroom time being on evenings and weekends in order to accommodate the constraints of working professionals.
The Arcadia IMBA at AGSBE in Paris focuses on the challenges of the current international marketplace:
- It addresses the most contemporaneous questions posed by globalization.
- It prepares students to act in and interact with multi-cultural environments.
The program is geared toward career building:
- It adopts a hands-on approach, including visits and meetings with executives of the most successful international corporations.
- It teaches the best and most recent techniques of management, planning and decision-making, and studies major international corporations as illustrative models.
The IMBA in Paris teaches responsible decision-making:
- It sensitizes students to the challenges of sustainable development, social solidarity and ethical business.
The program takes advantage of its location in Paris, at the heart of the European Union:
- E.U. and OECD economists and business policymakers participate in the program as teachers and guest speakers.
- Students have the opportunity to go on optional visits to the E.U. Commission in Brussels and the OECD in Paris, and meet with delegates and staff.
- The European setting of the program makes it possible for students to better apprehend the notion of Europe as a political, economic and social entity.
Each course consists of:
36 hours of face-to-face lectures taught over two weekends in order to accommodate working professionals' schedules.
- Four days of office hours for possible tutoring and advising by the course instructor.
- An online course complement through a Blackboard platform, with resource materials to prepare and support lectures as well as close online tutoring by the course instructor. The online course complement begins one week prior to the start of the course and follows for two weeks after the face-to-face aspect of the course has been completed
Tuition and travel costs for the IMBA in Paris, France, are paid directly to the partner institution (AGSBE). Please see www.ags.edu for current fees.
Singapore, Republic of Singapore
Arcadia’s IMBA is offered as a one-year program in partnership with the Aventis School of Management in Singapore. Aventis School of Management is a leading graduate school that is an affiliated member of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and European Council for Business Education (ECBE). The program is taught in Singapore, in English, and accredited in the United States as an affiliated program of Arcadia University. Degree Requirements.
The program educates students about the latest management decision-making tools and techniques to ensure business success. Students are exposed to cutting-edge industry best practices and techniques in key business areas. The program engages students in developing an awareness of the impact business decisions have on society.
Students will be able to incorporate this gained knowledge to ensure their organization’s plans will offer a high degree of sustainability within a balanced ethical framework. Students will develop team building and communication skills in preparation for leadership roles in the business community through case studies, team-based projects, and international travel. Graduates will be able to utilize the knowledge and skills acquired to devise effective strategies and objectives for their organizations. They will be equipped with leadership and technical skills enabling them to manage teams of individuals in achieving their desired results. Arcadia’s graduates will develop knowledge and leadership skills to advance their organizations and careers in an effective and responsible fashion.