Requirements for the Bachelor of Arts
in Interdisciplinary Science
(68 credits as listed below, with Undergraduate Curriculum requirements and electives to total 128.)
Course substitutions in keeping with a student’s intended career can be made with the approval of the program adviser.
1. Four courses in Chemistry
- CH 101, 102 General Chemistry I, II
or CH 111, 112 Conceptual Chemistry I, II
- CH 201, 202 Organic Chemistry: Structure, Mechanisms and Reactions
2. Three or four courses in Biology
- BI 101, 102 General Biology I, II
- BI 205, 206 Human Anatomy, Human Physiology
or BI 211 Comparative Anatomy and Physiology
3. Two courses in Physics
- PH 201, 202 Fundamental Concepts of Physics I, II
or PH 211, 212 Conceptual Physics I, II
4. One of the following courses in Biology or Chemistry:
- BI 325 Cell Biology
or CH 203 Equilibrium and Analysis
5. A minimum of four electives (or five courses if BI 211 is completed) in Chemistry, Physics or Biology. Included must be either BI 490 or CH 490.
6. Two courses in Mathematics or Computer Science
- PL 160 Symbolic Logic
- One year or more of a Modern Language.
- Appropriate Mathematics electives.
- Courses in Science Education, for students who plan to teach.
View Course descriptions