The College of Global Studies
- The first college dedicated to international education and education abroad to be integrated into the academic and administrative core of a university in the United States.
- As a college of Arcadia University, The College of Global Studies is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education under the aegis of the U.S. Department of Education.
- Located in Larsen Hall on the main campus in Glenside, Pa., and extending around the world to study and research centers in 23 countries worldwide.
- The College of Global Studies is the home of one of the largest, oldest and most respected university-based study abroad programs in the nation, dating to Arcadia's first study abroad experience, which examined the challenges of rebuilding Europe in 1948.
- The College awards over $2 million in study abroad scholarships annually.
- More than 140 programs at the top universities and sites in the world, with opportunities to study abroad in nearly every discipline with full-year and short-term study abroad programs for undergraduates (including first-year students) and graduates.
- Study abroad programs for undergraduate and graduate students, special focus study and research programs for first-year students, certificate programs, co-curricular learning initiatives, cohort programming available, academic research opportunities, internship programs, faculty and student exchanges, and civic engagement projects.
- Education abroad programs of the highest academic quality through Arcadia University faculty oversight, and The College's standards and assessment policy.
- Arcadia University Undergraduate Certificates in African, Mediterranean, and Celtic Studies.
- The first Co-Curricular Learning Certificate in the field of study abroad that recognizes non-academic co-curricular learning experiences.
- A comprehensive and health, safety and security program, overseen by The College's Director of Health, Safety and Security, which serves as a model for the university.
- The Center for Research and Assessment works in collaboration with the University's Academic Improvement Unit.
The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University is known nationally and internationally for academically and experientially rich international education programs in 23 countries. The College of Global Studies is the first college of its kind in the country, with a commitment to full integration of global study within the life and academic mission of the University. In addition to study abroad, The College of Global Studies offers academic certificates, research opportunities, internships, service learning, exchanges, and other innovative programs, toward the goal of advancing leadership and learning in international education.
The Center for Research and Assessment (Glenside, Pa.), Arcadia Center in Australia (Melbourne, Sydney, Queensland), London Study Center, Arcadia Center for Hellenic, Mediterranean and Balkan Studies (Athens), Arcadia Center in Ireland (Dublin), Arcadia University Center for Italian Studies (Rome), Arcadia Mediterranean Center for Arts and Sciences (Syracuse, Sicily), Arcadia Center in New Zealand (Queenstown), The Arcadia Center for Catalan, Spanish & Mediterranean Studies (Barcelona), Arcadia Center for Contemporary Studies in Spain (Granada), Arcadia Center in Scotland (Edinburgh), Arcadia Center in South Africa (Cape Town), Arcadia Center for East African Studies (Arusha, Tanzania), Arcadia Center in Istanbul, Turkey, Arcadia University Center for Latin American Studies (Valparaíso, Chile).
Dr. Nicolette DeVille Christensen
Dr. Dennis Dutschke