Resources for International Students
The Office of International Affairs works closely with other departments and offices on campus to ensure that international students receive support services needed to succeed at Arcadia University. In addition to the Arcadia resources listed below, OIA works closely with Academic Advisors and the English Language Institute on campus.
- The Department of Homeland Security (www.dhs.gov) includes three different bureaus that share immigration authority.
- US Citizenship & Immigration Services (www.uscis.gov) is responsible for overseeing all student status applications via the SEVIS system.
- Immigration & Customs Enforcement (www.ice.gov) is responsible for immigration investigations, detention, removal and intelligence and works within the SEVIS system.
- Customs & Border Protection (www.cbp.gov) is responsible for immigration inspections at US ports of entry.
- The Department of State (http://travel.state.gov) has useful information on its website for visitors to the US and a special site for students interested in higher education in the US (http://educationusa.state.gov). A listing on embassies in the US can be found at www.embassy.org and US embassies abroad can be found at http://usembassy.state.gov.
Easton Hall, Room 244
Office of International Affairs
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038