Requirements for the B.A. in Political Science
(44 credits as listed below, with Undergraduate Curriculum requirements and electives to total 128 credits)
1. Four core courses:
- PS 101 American Politics
- PS 150 Comparative Politics
- PS 241 International Relations
- PL/PS 245 Political Thought or PS330 American Political Thought
2. Three research writing courses:
- PS 201 PS Research and Writing
- PS 490 Senior Thesis Seminar
and PS 491 Senior Thesis Seminar
3. Four political science electives, at least two of which must be at the 300 level or above. PS 330 can count as either a core course or a 300+-level elective, but not both. Internship courses (PS 324 and 380) count toward the major, but do not count as 300+-level elective courses. Any of the political science courses that are offered through Arcadia’s College of Global Studies can be used as Political Science electives.
It is expected that students will complete the required 100-level courses in their first year, and the required 200-level courses in their second year. Students must be on campus for their senior year in order to complete the Senior Thesis sequence.
Students are strongly encouraged to take PL 155 Applied Logic and MA 141 Elementary Statistics before taking PS 490 Senior Thesis Seminar.
Historical & Political Studies
Easton Hall, Room 231
Dr. Peter Siskind, Dept. Chair