Minor in Statistics
(24 credits as listed below)
The minor in Statistics provides the necessary background to do statistical analysis in professional or academic settings involving the collection and study of data. This minor is not open to Mathematics or Actuarial Science majors.
Students who minor in both Mathematics and Statistics can only apply MA 201, 202, 203 toward both minors.
1. Three courses in Mathematics
- MA 201, 202, 203 Calculus I, II, III
2. Three courses in probability and statistics from the following:
- MA 141 Elementary Statistics
- MA 242 Intermediate Statistics
- MA 341 Probability
- MA 342 Mathematical Statistics I
- MA 343 Mathematical Statistics II