Tech Savvy Teacher
Introduction to Instructional Technology
Location: King of Prussia Campus
Dates: May 17, 18, 19, plus 4 weeks online OR
July 19, 20, 21, plus 4 weeks online
Special Price: $899, earn 3 graduate credits
Course Code: ED565 (KP) Period: 2013 Summer I & II
Tech Savvy Teacher
- Learn current and emerging technologies
- Build a foundation in classroom technology management
- Learn how technology can increase student engagement
- Extend your precious class time
- Design effective technology-rich lessons to meet the Common Core Standards
- Find out about the online M.Ed. in Instructional Technology
About the Institute
In a special weekend course, Introduction to Instructional Technology (ED565.KP), join other teachers and professionals interested in exploring how to put technology to work in today’s classrooms. Take the weekend course at our King of Prussia Campus and four weeks of online sessions to earn ACT 48 credits (90 hours) and 3 graduate credits that apply toward several M.Ed. programs, including Arcadia’s online M.Ed. in Instructional Technology.
Foundation - Day 1
- Managing technology in the classroom, logistical management for your situation
- Classroom management when using technology
- Basic building blocks of technology for lesson planning
- Technology tools for teachers: Managing your teaching life with technology; building a website to eliminate excuses; and getting parents to your website.
Planning, Instruction, Assessment, and Reflection - Day 2
This day will answer the following questions:
- What makes good instruction?
- What is rigor and how can technology make your classroom more rigorous?
- How can technology increase student engagement?
- How can you extend your class time?
- How do you assess a student’s technology project?
- How will the new Common Core Standards affect your teaching?
- Reflection...Were your lessons effective?
Practical Ideas for YOUR Classroom - Weekend, plus online
- Tools that work for your classroom and curricular situation
- The good and the bad of Web 2.0
- Evaluating examples
- Building activities for your classroom, based on curriculum area
- Building activities for your classroom, based on Common Core Standards
Pushing the Envelope Further - Day 3, plus online
- Flipping your classroom
- Your students have the answer in their pocket
Technology Building Blocks for the K-12 Classroom
The Tech Savvy Teacher institute is designed to encompass all areas of technology in the classroom. Teachers will be immersed in the basic building blocks needed for technology-rich lessons. The course will focus on preparing lessons that are rigorous and follow effective educational practices. Learn how the new Common Core Standards will affect daily curriculum. Discover the peaks and pitfalls when using Web 2.0 tools. Teachers will evaluate technology-infused lesson plans in order to build strong, effective lessons plans for any classroom situation. Practicality and preparation will be the common thread throughout the class as teachers learn how to design and progress to create rich and effective technology-infused lessons.
- Institute Schedule (to come)
- ACT 48 credits available.
- For more information, please contact Ashley Ingelsby at 484-804-2324 or email@example.com