Workshop for Counselors
Professional Workshop & Luncheon on Dec. 6, 2013
Registration is closed.
Join us on Friday, December 6, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Grey Towers Castle. (map)
You will have the opportunity to:
- Attend workshops and discuss current issues in counseling and in the college admissions process.
- Enjoy lunch and network with other high school and transfer counselors.
- Learn about Arcadia's study abroad opportunities at some of the finest universities around the world.
- Get the latest information on 2014-15 financial aid process.
- Tour the campus with our student ambassadors.
- Qualify for a chance to experience study abroad at the University's expense via our Educators' Preview, a week-long educational experience in the summer of 2014.
Testimonials from Past Participants
- "The scholarship session was the best I’ve heard anywhere."
- "The event was VERY organized. Thank you for placing Arcadia staff and students everywhere—from the parking entrance to specific points on campus in their red shirts. I felt very welcome and pleased with the structure of the day."
- "Both sessions that I attended were informative. The workshops on career trends also provided valuable resources and websites that can be utilized with high school students."
During the closing session, we will select most of the participants for next summer’s Educators’ Preview! The location of next summer’s Preview will China. In order to be eligible for this exciting opportunity, you must be present for the drawing at the end of the day and have not previously participated in Educators’ Preview. Those selected will have the opportunity to experience Preview with representatives from the Offices of International Affairs and Enrollment Management. Alternates will also be selected.
"I left for China well traveled. I came back from China and realized I had only begun to travel. Arcadia University and our gracious hosts in China treated us to a master quilt of historic attractions and impact flu gatherings with school teachers, college representatives, and students. Each site flooded our senses. The richness and contrasting highlights of the experience from The Great Wall to the Terracotta Warriors to the bustling metropolis of Beijing gave us a deep appreciation for this foundational country and it's ever upward dedication to an educated society."
- Marissa Samit, Lehigh Valley Charter School for the Performing Arts
Read more about counselors' experiences on 2013 Educators' Preview.
Information for Guidance Counselors