Alumni Class Officer Role Descriptions
The Class President has a role in overseeing the Class Officer selection process. Most importantly, the Class President must identify a Leadership Council Representative for the class. The Leadership Council Representative does not need to serve as a Class Officer.
The Class President:
- leads class officers in their individual roles by insuring that they are doing their jobs, offering assistance when needed, and recruiting as necessary when officers resign
- builds a team among class officers so they can work together to encourage individual classmates to stay connected to each other and the University
- participates as a member of the Reunion Committee
- conducts Reunion Class Meeting
- represents the class at important University functions
The Class Editor serves to inform the University community, friends and alumni about the events and experiences of their classmates through the “Class Notes” section of the Arcadia Magazine.
The Class Editor:
- maintains contact with classmates through postcards, phone calls, emails and personal notes
- submits information about their classmates three times a year to the Alumni Office for publication in the Arcadia Magazine
- during Reunion year, keeps class informed about Reunion plans through “Class Notes”
For more information on the Class Editor role, click here
to view the Class Editor Guide.
Class Fund Agent
The Class Fund Agent assists in raising funds for Annual Giving and acts as a liaison between the class and the Office of University Advancement.
The Fund Agent:
- Works with Reunion Chair to recruit Reunion Gift Committee
- Chairs the Reunion Gift Committee and organizes members to make calls to classmates for personal solicitation
- participates in training for goal setting
- creates or approves of class letters
The Reunion Chair plans and arranges class activities for their Reunion. The Reunion Chair:
- Connects with the Alumni Office to plan special events for their class at Reunion;
- Recruits a Reunion Committee;
- Works with Class Fund Agent to recruit the Reunion Gift Committee;
- Prepares class letters in collaboration with the Class Reunion Committee and the Alumni Office;
- Organizes Reunion Committee convey Reunion plans to classmates and encourage attendance.
Interested in becoming a Class Officer? Send an e-mail entitled "Class Officer" to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the name of the role you are interested it, your name, class year, address and phone.
Read the Latest Issue
Office of Alumni Relations
Blankley Alumni House