The B.A. in Healthcare Administration
- Preparation for clinical careers in healthcare
- Preparation for careers in healthcare management
- Preparation for Nursing Home Administrator’s certification
- Ability to individualize with a minor
- Internships in healthcare facilities here or abroad
- Opportunities to study abroad at some of the top universities around the world
- Preparation for Arcadia’s graduate programs in Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Genetic Counseling, M.B.A. with a Global Perspective
The provision and management of healthcare is one of today’s fastest growing industries. The Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Administration program is both challenging and comprehensive.
Students learn specific skills in healthcare administration, business, planning and policy, and the legal management of many healthcare environments. Recognizing the increasing emphasis on sound business practices within healthcare environments, the program is built upon a strong business base.
The program is flexible enough to permit students to minor in another discipline and to include a semester or more abroad, including an overseas internship experience.
By taking courses in the sciences as electives, students who pursue this program will have the basic requirements needed for Arcadia University’s graduate programs in Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant/Public Health, Genetic Counseling and M.B.A. with a Global Perspective.
The Healthcare Administration program provides opportunities for internships in hospitals, community agencies, private practices, long-term care facilities and social service organizations to supplement academics with on-the-job experience. The program prepares students for the Nursing Home Administrator’s license and other certifications.
Senior Capstone Experience
All majors complete a senior thesis project that involves integrating prior knowledge, preparing written reports, and making a public presentation. For majors in the School of Global Business, this requirement is satisfied by successful completion of HA 470 Internship and HA 385, HA 490 Seminar in Healthcare Administration, which are required courses for majors.
Related Study at Arcadia University