Arcadia University's Landman Library furthers the University's global mission by offering students and faculty state-of-the-art technology for collaborative education and access to learning partners both on campus and around the globe.
Landman Library is located on the north end of campus, near Heinz, Knight, Taylor and Boyer Halls, and the Dining Complex. The area outside the main entrance is a popular gathering spot.
The facility features a grand reading room with comfortable seating and large windows overlooking the campus, technology-enhanced study and learning areas for group collaboration, a multimedia area, quiet carrels for private study and the University Archives.
- The two-story high Shenker Grand Reading Room on the second floor extends the full width of the building and looks out over the campus to the Castle
- The Beaver College Room is used for special meetings and for Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) program classes.
- The Stein Periodical Room is a two-story high glass-walled space facing north to the Beechwood Overlook Terrace and west to the grove of beech trees. Beech paneling and shelving, lounge seating and low tables provide an intimate study area.
- First floor of library has online catalog and computer work stations; Reference Desk, Circulation Desk, Education Resource Room for education majors.
- Two Information Commons are available for large group projects. Each room is fitted with a screen, computer, DVD and VHS player.
- Study Rooms are available for students to work individually or in small groups. The rooms come with a table, large whiteboard and places to plug in laptops.
- The Atwood Collection, located on all floors, houses more than 140,000 volumes, and 93,000 periodicals.
- The Ground Floor houses the Judith Taylor Student Art Gallery, a student-run gallery on campus; Writing Center; three computer labs which are open to students during non-class times; multimedia computer workstations and study areas.
- Professional librarians are available to help with research.
- The Atwood Collection houses more than 140,000 volumes, and 93,000 periodicals.
- Electronic resources provide students with access to thousands of journals from anywhere on campus or the world.
- The library offers inter-library loan and access to other library sources.
- More information about the Library
Office of Enrollment Management
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038
Monday through Friday,
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.