Special Education Secondary Transition Certificate
Start this summer and complete in one academic year!
This certificate gives students advanced training in the secondary transition process through which special education students prepare for life after high school. Students learn transition-related regulations, policies, and procedures, and best practices in assessment, instruction and curriculum and inter-agency collaboration. The Special Education Secondary Transition Certificate is geared towards transition coordinators, special educators, special education administrators, counselors and occupational therapists, vocational rehabilitation counselors, community based educators, parents, advocates, or any individual in education or adult services.
- ED670: Transition Planning and Services (3 credits)
- ED671: Transition Assessment (3 credits)
- ED672: Partnerships for Successful Transition (3 credits)
- ED673: Transition Curriculum and Instruction (3 credits)
- Mandatory attendance at a Summer Seminar/Orientation at start of program (fee required)
- ED670.OL1: Transition Planning and Services
3 credits, online, May 19-July 6
Director, Center for Summer