Dr. Brian Eckenrode
Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy (CV)
Brian J. Eckenrode, PT, DPT, MS, OCS, received his Bachelor’s degree in psychobiology and a Master of Science degree in physical therapy from Arcadia University and DPT from Temple University. He is an APTA credentialed Clinical Instructor, a Board Certified Orthopaedics Clinical Specialist, and a master clinician. Brian joined the faculty as an Assistant Professor in February 2012.
Prior to joining the faculty, he advanced through the ranks from Senior Level, I, II, Advanced Clinician and most recently served as the Sports Team Leader at Penn Sports Medicine Center, Good Shepherd Penn Partners. He also worked at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, helping to establish a sports medicine and performance center. Brian has published peer-reviewed research articles, written book chapters, and presented at annual physical therapy or orthopaedic professional meetings. He has also presented annually at the University of Pennsylvania continuing education courses since 2002.
Dr. Eckenrode has been actively engaged in research with a multidisciplinary team. He has been the President of the Arcadia University Physical Therapy Alumni Association and is currently serving as faculty liaison.
- Eckenrode BJ, Kelley MJ, Kelly JD 4th. Anatomic and biomechanical fundamentals of the thrower shoulder. Sports Med Arthrosc. 2012 Mar;20(1):2-10.
- Leggin BG, Sheridan S, Eckenrode BJ. Rehabilitation after surgical management of the thrower's shoulder. Sports Med Arthrosc. 2012 Mar;20(1):49-55.
- Baldwin K, Harper C, Eckenrode BJ, Tjoumakaris F, Sennett BJ. The arthroscopic treatment of Cyclops syndrome. Current Orthopaedic Practice. 2011. July/August; 22 (4): 327-332.
- Albaugh J, Eckenrode BJ, Ganley T. APTA Sports Section Home Study Course on Pediatric Sports Injuries. Chapter 4: Upper Extremity Differential Diagnosis, Surgical Considerations and Rehabilitation, 2011.
- Eckenrode BJ & Sennett BJ. Arthrofibrosis of the knee following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2011. Jan; 41: 32.
- Eckenrode BJ, Logerstedt DS, & Sennett BJ. Rehabilitation and Functional Outcomes in Collegiate Wrestlers Following a Posterior Shoulder Stabilization Procedure. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2009. Jul; 39: 550-9.