Dr. Amy Miller
Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy, Curriculum Coordinator of Entry Level DPT Program (CV)
Amy H. Miller, PT, DPT, Ed.D. and Director of the entry-level curriculum, received a Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy from the University of Pennsylvania, a DPT from Arcadia University, and an Ed.D. from Nova Southeastern University with a concentration in health care education. Her extensive clinical experience provides the perfect background to fulfill teaching and administrative roles. She has peer-reviewed publications and numerous national presentations to share methods to integrate knowledge, skills and practice within the physical therapy curriculum.
Dr. Miller received the Adjunct Professor of the Year Award from Arcadia University in 2003 and the PPTA Geriatric Special Interest Group Award of Excellence in 2005.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Miller, AH. (Feb. 2011). “Utilizing Moodle Quiz-taking Module within a Web-based Case as an Educational Tool to Provide Feedback on Individual Student Clinical Decision Making Skills.” Presented at Combined Sections Meeting, APTA Platform presentation session New Orleans, LA.
- Miller, AH. (Feb. 2011). “Changes in Re-Hospitalization Rates following Implementation of a Standardized Inter-Professional Protocol for Patients with Heart Failure.” Presented at Combined Sections Meeting, APTA Platform Presentation New Orleans, LA.
- Miller, A.H. (2010). “Use of a Web-based Case Scenario as an Educational Tool to Practice Integration of Content and Clinical Decision Making” Presented at Annual Conference, APTA Poster session Boston, MA.
- Mangione, KK, Miller, AH, Naughton I. (2010). “Cochrane Review: Improving Physical Function and Performance with Progressive Resistance Strength Training in Older Adults”. Physical Therapy, 90(12) 1711-1715.
- Miller, A.H. (2009). “A Team Approach for Reducing Re-hospitalization Rates: Strategies to Integrate Home Health Physical Therapy.” Presented at Combined Sections Meeting, APTA Poster presentation Las Vegas, NV.
- Miller, A.H. (Feb. 2008). “Use of Standardized Patients to Assess Core Values in Entry Level Physical Therapy Students” Presented at Combined Sections Meeting, APTA Nashville, TN.
- Miller AH, Tomlinson S., Palombaro K. (2007). "Use of standardized patients to assess core values in entry level physical therapy students." APTA Combined Sections Meeting –Nashville, TN.
- Miller AH, Tomlinson S. Palombaro K. (2007). "Use of standardized patients to evaluate physical therapy student communication and interview skills." APTA Combined Section Meeting - Boston, MA.
- Miller, A.H., & Mangione, K.K. (2006). "Does delirium need immediate medical referral in a frail, homebound elder?" Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy, 29(2)57-63.