Dr. Babu N. S. Dasari
Adjunct Professor of Business Administration
Babu Dasari earned a Ph.D. in Economics from the Madras Institute of Development Studies, a Master of Philosophy degree in Applied Economics at the Centre for Development Studies, and an M.A. in Economics and a B.A. from Nagarjuna University in India. He was associated with the Institute for Financial Management and Research in Chennai, India, where he conducted research in corporate finance, financial management and strategic management.
Dasari has worked as a consultant at the Development Research Group of the World Bank, in Washington D.C. since 2005 and as a consultant at the Centre for the Advanced Study of India at the University of Pennsylvania since 2008. He has been actively involved in projects pertaining to higher education in India and the Maoist movement in India. He teaches courses in Economics and Statistics and has taught at Arcadia University, Temple University, Rutgers University, and the Community College of Philadelphia.
Dasari’s research interests are in the areas of International Economics, Development Economics, Agricultural and Rural Development, Economic History, Female Property Rights, and Entrepreneurship. His research on higher education in India was funded by GE Human Fund in 2008. His joint research work titled, “Tracking Land and Caste Mobility in an Indian Village 1866-2001” with Dr. Vijayendra Rao was funded by Learning Beyond Averages (LBA), the World Bank in 2005. Dasari received the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship from Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, New Delhi in 2003-2004 for completing his Ph.D.
Publications and Presentations
- ‘Political Economy of Irrigation Development and Patterns of Spatial Inequalities across Agro-climatic Regions of Krishna District, circa. 1850-2001’, (Revised and Resubmitted to Journal of Rural Development in March 2012)
- ‘Land, Caste and Economic Mobility: A Village in Delta Andhra’, in Rao G.N., and D.Narasimha Reddy (eds.), Rural Transformation: Perspectives from Village Studies in Andhra Pradesh, Daanish Books, New Delhi (2008)
- ‘Land, Caste and Economic Mobility: A Village Case Study in Delta Andhra’, in Rao G.N., (Ed) Abstracts of Papers: Village Re-surveys, Kerala Programme on Local Level Development, Thiruvananthapuram, (August, 2002)
- ‘Land, Caste and Economic Mobility: A Study from Deltaic Andhra, C.1866-2001’ presented at Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai- INDIA. (July 14, 2005)
- ‘Land, Caste and Economic Mobility: A Study in Deltaic Andhra, C.1866-2001’ presented at the Madras School of Economics, Chennai, INDIA. (October 17, 2003)
- Land, Caste and Economic Mobility: A Case Study from Delta Andhra presented at Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai as a part of Village Re-surveys project by Kerala Research Programme on Local Level Development, Thiruvananthapuram, INDIA.( August 30, 2002)
- Dynamics of Land and Caste in a Deltaic Village: A Case Study of Nandivada in Krishna District presented at Warrangal, INDIA. (October 30, 1999)