Professor of Physical Therapy (CV)
Jan Tecklin, PT, MS, Professor of physical therapy, received a certificate in Physical Therapy from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master of Science degree from Temple University. Prior to joining the faculty, he had extensive clinical experience in pulmonary care in both acute and rehabilitation settings. While at Arcadia he has served as a mentor therapist in the Cystic Fibrosis Center of Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
Professor Tecklin has published 7 peer-reviewed articles related to pulmonary care, 15 other articles or book chapters, co-edited two major textbooks, Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy and Pediatric Physical Therapy, both now in fourth edition, and two monographs.
Mr. Tecklin has been an active member of the American Lung Association of Philadelphia and Montgomery County and received the Allied Health Professions Educator’s Award. Jan has been invited to speak around the world on the topic of pulmonary care. For example, he was the Honorary President of the first Brazilian Congress of Pediatric Respiratory Physiotherapists, presented management of cystic fibrosis at Haifa University, Israel, and was the Dozor Visiting Professor at Ben Gurion University in Be’er Sheeba, Israel. Jan has served as a consultant to clinical and academic settings, a grant reviewer for the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Veteran Affairs, and a book reviewer for three different companies.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Tecklin, J.S. (2011) "Airway Clearance Dysfunction." In MH Cameron, LG Monroe (Eds.) Physical Rehabilitation for the Physical Therapist Assistant. Cameron MH. Monroe LG. eds. Philadelphia: Elsevier.
- Tecklin J.S., Scanlin T. (2009). "High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation Vs. Traditional Postural Drainage in Cystic Fibrosis – a Large, Long-Term, Controlled Study." Journal of the Israeli Physiotherapy Society, Issue 4.
- Tecklin, J. (2009). "High frequency chest wall oscillation. An airway clearance technique to improve the lives of individuals with chronic hypersecretory lung disease." Journal of the Israeli Physiotherapy Society, Issue 3.
- Tecklin, J. (2008). Pediatric Physical Therapy, 4th edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Tecklin, J.S. & Brenneman, S. I. (2008). Chapter 3. "Assessment and Tests of Motor Development for Neonates, Young Children, and Older Children." In J.S. Tecklin (Ed.), Pediatric Physical Therapy, 4th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
- Tecklin, J.S. (2008). "Pulmonary Diseases in Infants and Children and their Physical Therapy Management." In J.S. Tecklin (Ed.), Pediatric Physical Therapy, 4th edition. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins.
- Tecklin, J.S. (2007). "Airway Clearance Problems." In Cameron, M, & Monroe, L.G. (Eds.), Physical rehabilitation assessment and intervention: an evidence-based approach. Philadelphia: Elsevier.
- Tecklin, J.S. (2007). "High frequency chest wall oscillation." In Improving the lives of chronic lung disease patients. Hospital Healthcare Europe 2006/7; London: Campden Pub. pp.C37-39.
- Irwin, S., & Tecklin, J.S. Cardiopulmonary Physical Therapy - A Guide to Practice. 4th ed. 2004. St. Louis, Elsevier - Mosby