Learning & Teaching Resources
Blackboard is a Web-based learning management system for students and faculty, accessible through the campus Web portal, MyArcadia. This system provides supportive classroom materials (syllabi and class materials) and allows out-of-classroom communication between faculty and students. Current semester course list is displayed in the My Courses module on the homepage.
TaskStream ePortfolio allows users to collect digital projects to an online space for submission or display. Arcadia students and faculty have access to this resource from MyArcadia. Each TaskStream account provides 100 MB of online storage, accessible from anywhere. Users are able to create a professional portfolio or archive selected work to share via the Web. For initial log on information, contact the Helpdesk at 215-572-2898 or email@example.com. Please direct all help questions to TaskStream at 1-800-311-5656.
Wimba’s collaborative tools integrate with Blackboard to provide a unique learning experience.
- Voice Tools allow users to create podcasts, participate in an asynchronous conversation, create and present web-based presentations, and send voice email, providing education in a personal and interactive way.
- Live Classroom provides opportunities to communicate via the Internet in real-time. It supports two-way audio, video, application and desktop sharing which allows a level of interaction not available in text-based communication. It can be used to conduct live online classes, incorporate guest speakers from across a distance, and provide online office hours, webinars, and meetings.
Landman Library Web site/Online Research
The Landman Library Web site, located on MyArcadia, is available to current students, faculty and staff only. It can be accessed through the Tools menu on MyArcadia’s home page. The site provides access to online catalog and databases, academic department "Rooms," online Library forms, Library hours and contact information, and instant messaging with reference librarians.
Highlighed features include:
- Online Database Access. Information on articles, books and research materials is available using over 30 online databases. Access to databases is available from on- or off-campus.
- Subject Rooms. Visit a "Room" to find reference books, databases, and Web sites all related to that subject.
- Quick Reference Help. Each Subject Room has an “Ask the Librarian” link. Quickly instant message a Reference Librarian (no special software needed).
- Single Search (Federated Search). Use a Subject Room's Search to get results from all subject-related databases and the Library catalog at once.
- Online Book Renewal. Students are able to manage their Library account through the Landman Library Web site.
- What's New and Reader's Drawbridge Blog. Newly acquired library materials and Librarians' favorites are spotlighted in these sections.