Faculty & Staff
Celeste Walker, Adjunct Professor at Arcadia University and TEDx Organizer. I have been inspired by TED Talks since the very first one that I stumbled upon back in 2007. Following that first TED talk I began to use TED as an inspiration and catalysts for projects in the courses I taught. Sometimes, however, while previewing a TED Talk for a specific purpose, I would find myself moving from one to another staying on the site for hours, coming away with a more positive and hopeful outlook on what could happen and inspired to make a positive change in the world. In April, 2012, I was the Organizer and Host (along with my Honors Students) of the TEDxArcadiaUniversity Conference on Passion and Creativity in the Classroom.
I am an actor, director and educator, with a BFA from Kutztown University and Master of Fine Arts Degree in Acting from The Actor’s Studio Drama School at the New School University in New York. I am a lifetime member of The Actors Studio, a member of Actors Equity. I serve as a liaison for Philadelphia Chapter of the New School Alumni Association. I’m an Adjunct Professor of Integrated Programs at Arcadia University and in the Speech Department at Montgomery County Community College. I spent a year as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Theatre at Saint Joseph’s University where I served as Artistic Director of the theatre program. Since 2006 I have been a roster artist with the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts. I am also on the teaching faculty at the Philadelphia Acting Studio.
- In 2006 I was a presenter at the New York State Bar Association Commercial and Federal Litigation Section Spring Meeting. She appeared on the panel presentation titled, ATTORNEYS, ACTORS & THE ART OF ORAL ADVOCACY with Honorable Roger J. Miner, United States Court of Appeals, Albany and Peter C. Harvey, Esquire, past Attorney General of New Jersey and Council with Patterson, Belknap, Webb & Tyler LLP in New York City.
- In 2010 I was a presenter and host at Recipes for Success, a series of programs designed to insure that professionals & business owners have all the ingredients they need to reach their maximum potential.
- I was a Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts Panelist for Project Stream Grants in 2009 and 2010 and Panelist at La Salle University Diets Gone Wild Seminar in the Spring of 2010.
- In February, 2012, I presented a paper on Outside-of- the Box Thinking for group project assignments at the Best Practices Conference on Innovation and creativity in the Classroom at Bergen County College, New Jersey.
- This January, fellow Arcadia Professor, Dr. Jen Madisoff and I were selected for a Poster Session on Teaching Excellence at Temple University’s 12th Annual Faculty Conference on Teaching Excellence.
Sunday, March 30, 2014
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Common Great Room
Talk about Us
is organized and produced
by the Arcadia University