Media Advisory: Spring Break for Arcadia University Students: 21 Countries and Course Credit
362 Students to Locations from Cuba to Israel to Cypress
GLENSIDE, Pa., Thursday, March 8, 2012─When Arcadia University started Preview in 1994, it was a small group of students, one plane, and one destination.
From Friday morning through and Saturday afternoon, buses will roll on and off campus all day, taking 362 students and 46 faculty and staff in 21 credit-bearing courses to destinations around the world to complete fieldwork and in-country study. (www.arcadia.edu/preview)
In addition to Preview courses for freshmen and transfer students, the selection now includes interdepartmental (ID) courses for upperclass and graduate students.
Arcadia was the first university to put a large group of its freshmen on a plane to London, beginning its popular “Preview” program in 1994 to introduce students to the idea of studying abroad over spring break. “Now two-thirds of our first year students, along with many of our transfer students, participate in global learning experiences in more than a dozen Preview locations each spring,” says Oxholm. “It’s an Arcadia tradition treasured by alumni and students.”
Preview Departure Schedule
Friday, March 9
- New Zealand - Meet time: 10:30 a.m. Bus departs: 11:00 a.m.
- Vienna - Meet time: 10:30 a.m. Bus departs: 11:00 a.m.
- Cyprus - Meet time: 10:30 a.m. Bus departs: 11:00 a.m.
- Cuba - Meet time: 1:00 p.m. Bus departs: 1:30 p.m.
- Romania - Meet time: 1:00 p.m. Bus departs: 1:30 p.m.
- Paris - Meet time: 1:00 p.m. Bus departs: 1:30 p.m.
- Granada - Meet time: 1:30 p.m. Bus departs: 2:00 p.m.
- Seville - Meet time: 1:30 p.m. Bus departs: 2:00 p.m.
- Scotland - Meet time: 1:45 p.m. Bus departs: 2:00 p.m.
- Ireland - Meet time: 4:00 p.m. Bus departs: 4:30 p.m.
- Germany - Meet time: 5:00 p.m. Bus departs: 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 10
- Mexico - Meet time: 2:30 a.m. Bus departs: 3:00 a.m.
- China - Meet time: 6:30 a.m. Bus departs: 7:00 a.m.
- Sicily - Meet time: 11:15 a.m. Bus departs: 11:30 a.m.
- London - Meet time: 12:00 p.m. Bus departs: 12:30 p.m.
- Israel - Meet time: 2:30 p.m. Bus departs: 3:00 p.m.
All students will depart from Heinz Hall.
Media Contact: Lori Bauer, Arcadia University, Cell: 215-847-1819, email@example.com
About Arcadia University: Arcadia University is a top-ranked private university in metropolitan Philadelphia and a national leader in study abroad and international education. The 2011 Open Doors report ranks Arcadia University a top leader in the nation in undergraduate study abroad. U.S. News & World Report ranks Arcadia University among the top regional universities in the North and as one of the top study abroad programs. U.S. News also ranks Arcadia’s Physical Therapy program 7th in the nation. Arcadia University promises a distinctively global, integrative and personal learning experience that prepares students to contribute and prosper in a diverse and dynamic world. (www.arcadia.edu)