Dial Ext. 2999 or 215-572-2999
Public Safety should be contacted for all emergencies at ext. 2999 or by cell phone at 215-572-2999. In addition to responding to the emergency, Public Safety will contact Student Health Services staff for any health related emergency during normal working hours. First aid and basic emergency care are available.
For emergencies occurring between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m. on weekdays, or anytime on weekends, Area Coordinators, Resident Assistants and Apartment Assistants, and Public Safety are available on a 24-hour basis. They are certified in First Aid and CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) and will provide first line intervention as necessary.
Directions to: Chestnut Hill Hospital | Abington Memorial Hospital
If someone is in need of medical attention:
- Remain calm.
- Call Public Safety at x2999 from any University phone, 215-572-2999 from a cell phone or pick up any campus Emergency Phone. For off-campus medical emergencies, call 911.
- Public Safety will respond to a situation in which any staff member, student, or visitor of the University requires emergency medical assistance.
- Unless it is unsafe to do so, remain on the scene until Public Safety arrives.
- Do not move the injured person unless there is danger of further harm.
- Keep the injured person warm.
- Do not exceed your training or knowledge when attempting to render first aid.