Undergraduate Fast Facts 2013-14
- Download the 2013 Fast Facts in PDF format
- For more information, check out our Factbook
- Total Enrollment: 3,892
- Total Undergraduate: 2,468
- Total Graduate: 1,424
Entering Class, Fall 2013
- Total Applications Received: 9,608
- Total Enrolled: 599
- Living On-campus: 82%
- Living Off-campus: 18%
- Percent Male: 34%
- Percent Female: 66%
- January 15: Priority Admissions Application Deadline for Distinguished Scholarship Consideration, Accelerated Degree Programs, Honors Program, Gateway to Success, and First Year Study Abroad Experience
- March 1: Priority Admissions Application Deadline for Achievement Award Consideration
- March 1: Admissions Application Deadline
- May 1: Deposit Deadline
- Does Arcadia consider the individual highest Math, Critical Reading and Writing scores on the SAT? Yes
- Are SAT II Subject tests required? No
- What is the minimum score to receive credit for AP exams? 3
- Average GPA: 3.64
- Average SAT: 1104 (old) / 1646 (new)
- Middle 50% SAT: 1030-1180 (old) /1523-1768 (new)
- Average ACT: 24
- Middle 50% ACT: 22-27
- Student/Faculty Ratio: 12:1
- Average Class Size: 15
- Are teaching assistants utilized? No
- Guaranteed Housing: Yes
- Freshmen: Yes (May 1 deposit deadline)
- Upperclassmen: Yes (yearly deadline)
The Arcadia Promise
Arcadia’s Promise to students includes opportunities to explore global perspectives, integrate theory with real-world experiences, and benefit from the personal attention that is the hallmark of Arcadia’s learning community. The Promise sums up the shared experiences of generations of alumni—since 1853—and the collective efforts of the faculty and staff who create Arcadia’s distinguished learning environment.
Arcadia University is #1 in the nation for undergraduate study abroad rate (Open Doors 2010) and is ranked a top up-and-coming school by U.S. News & World Report. More than 100 study abroad programs are offered around the world. Unique opportunities include the First Year Study Abroad Experience (FYSAE), Previews for first-year students, and for transfer students.
To be considered, applicants need to be in the top 10 percent of their graduating class (for schools that rank) with an 1870 (all three sections) or better on the SAT. Space is limited, so students are encouraged to apply for admission by January 15.
Student Life & Athletics
- Number of Student Clubs/Organizations: More than 90
- Athletic Conference/Division: Arcadia is a member of the NCAA Division III Middle Atlantic Conferences and the East Coast Athletic Conference.
- Men’s Teams: Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Swimming and Tennis
- Women’s Teams: Basketball, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis and Volleyball
- Club Sports Offered: Cheerleading, Ultimate Frisbee, and many intramural offerings
Office of Academic Development
Arcadia offers special programs/support services for students who have learning differences. The Office of Academic Development coordinates accommodations on an individual basis. Call 215-572-4086 for more information.
Costs for 2013-14 Academic Year
- Tuition/Fees: $36,810
- Room/Board: $12,560
Scholarships, Grants and Loans
- FAFSA Required: Yes
- Separate School Form Required: Yes
- Financial Aid Application Deadline: March 1
- Percent of Students Receiving Grants and Scholarships: 99%
- Average Financial Aid Award: $31,838 including federal and state grants and student loans but not PLUS or alternative loans. Scholarships: All students are considered automatically for merit scholarships upon admission to the University. Scholarships range up to full tuition.
All data as of Sept. 9, 2013
A distinctively global, integrative and personal learning experience.
450 S. Easton Road
Glenside, PA 19038