Bruce Campbell Brings Experience From Nicaragua and PDE, Heads Educational Leadership Master’s Programs

By Purnell T. Cropper | October 31, 2011

By Bruce Campbell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of Educational Leadership Master’s Programs

I am extremely excited about my appointment as a new faculty member and coordinator of the Educational Leadership program at Arcadia University.

For 15 years, I’ve held a variety of positions in the education field. Most recently, I was a “Distinguished Educator” for the Pennsylvania Department of Education. In that position, I consulted with school districts throughout the state, including Allentown, Bethlehem, Chester Upland, and North Penn, focusing on school improvement.

I also have worked at education research and non-profits—Research for Better Schools and the Philadelphia Education Fund—conducting research and program evaluations for various school districts and organizations in the Northeast region of the United States. On an international scale, I’ve worked at the University of Nicaragua, Centro Cultural Nicaraguense Norteamericano, in Managua, Nicaragua, as a visiting professor.

Over the years, my work and research has centered on school improvement and creating standards-aligned systems that target clear standards, fair assessments, curriculum framework, differentiated instruction, resources, and interventions practices in schools. I am also interested in creating resources for schools to foster a sense of resiliency among students, parents, and staff. My goal is to continue to work toward collaborative processes to improve the success of all students as well as the administrators and staff that that impact those students. I look forward to doing this work at Arcadia and the surrounding education community and partners.