PT Faculty and Alumni Present Research at APTA Combined Sections Meeting
Many of Arcadia University’s Physical Therapy faculty and alumni presented research at the 2012 American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) Combined Sections Meeting (CSM) in Chicago, Ill., Feb. 8-11. The CSM focuses on programming designed by all 18 of APTA’s specialty sections.
- Aaron Thrush ’09DPT presented a platform on Outcomes of Patients Receiving Physical Therapy at a Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH).
- Marty Eastlack, Jamie Tomlinson, and Rebecca Craik, PT, PhD, FAPTA presented a poster with coauthors S. Conrad ’12DPT, C. Keltner ’12DPT, and K. McIntyre ’12DPT on “Chair Rise Strategies for Older Adults with and without Parkinson Disease.”
- Brian Eckenrode ’97, ’99MSPT presented a poster with coauthor S. Forsythe on “Description of Short-Term Clinical Outcomes Following Arthroscopic Capsulolabral Repair of the Shoulder in an Athletic Population.”
- Rebecca Craik, PT, PhD, FAPTA, Daniel L. Riddle, PT, PhD, FAPTA, Chris Maher, PT, PhD, Jan Reynolds will present Writing with the Editors.
- Jamie Tomlinson, David Scalzitti, PT, PhD, OCS, Cheryl J. Hill, PT, PhD, , Greg Karst, PT, PhD, Mary Ann Holbein-Jenny presented “Teaching Evidence-based Practice: How Contributing to ‘Hooked on Evidence’ Contributes to Our Curriculum.”
- Joe Adler ’93MSPT, ’12DPT presented a platform on “The Use of Decompressive Wrapping to Reduce Scrotal Edema in Acute Care.”
- Kristin von Nieda presented “The International Experiential Learning Opportunities: Student Faculty Collaboration at the Health Policy & Administration Global Health Reception.”
- Kim Nanovic ’12DPT presented a platform with coauthors Amy Phillips ’12DPT, Beth Childs ’12DPT, Patricia Franklin, and Carol Oatis on “Describing the Utilization in Home Care Physical Therapy (PT) for Patients Following Total Knee Replacement (TKR).”
- Brian Leggin presented a platform with coauthors Laura English ’12DPT, Jennifer Gulla ’12DPT, Colleen Sullivan ’12DPT and Marty Kelley on “Long Term Subjective Outcomes Following Nonoperative Management of Rotator Cuff Tears.”
- Holly Taylor ’12DPT, Elizabeth Leeman ’12DPT, and Phil McClure presented a platform on “The Effect of Experimental Shoulder Pain on Muscle Activation at Remote Sites.”
- Brian Eckenrode ’97, ’99MSPT, presented a poster with coauthor BJ Sennett on “An Algorithmic Approach to Rehabilitation Following Arthroscopic Surgery for Arthrofibrosis of the Knee: A Case Series.”
- Toniesha Utuk ’12DPT presented a poster with coauthors Amy Miller and Janet Roberto ’85MSPT on “Relationship of Socioeconomic Factors on Rehospitalization Rates for Homecare Patients with Heart Failure.”
- Amy Phillips ’12DPT, Kim Nanovic ’12DPT, and Beth Childs ’12DPT presented a poster with coauthors Patricia Franklin, and Carol Oatis on “Describing the Interventions in Home Care Physical Therapy (PT) for Patients Following Total Knee Replacement (TKR).”
- Scott Stackhouse presented a poster, “Do physical therapy interventions affect mechanical and thermal pain processing around the healthy Achilles tendon?” with coauthors A. Tate, M. Carlin ’12DPT, E. Fitzsimmons ’12DPT, A. Meisenhelter ’12DPT, E. Stuck ’12DPT, and H. Davey ’12DPT.