DPT Students Present Research Findings, Discuss Clinical Experiences
Before the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Commencement on Saturday, graduating students presented on months of research, case studies, and clinical experiences.
Eleven posters were on display on Jan. 15 in the Carlin Wing of the Health Sciences Building, featuring the work of 31 students. Stiteler Auditorium served as a stage for a more formal platform presentation for thirty other students. View a complete list of posters and presentations.
An awards ceremony followed the presentations. The award for Research Investigation went to Andrea Bromley, Benjamin Buchanan, Megan Cessnun, Melissa Chiu, and Elizabeth DiFebo for their platform presentation, “The Effects of an Intensive Exercise Program on Individuals with Parkinson Disease.” In June 2014, the group ran a movement camp at Arcadia for patients with Parkinson Disease.
DPT Commencement is Jan. 17 at 10:30 a.m. in Alumni Gymnasium.
- E. Jane Carlin Award in recognition of academic excellence and outstanding clinical promise: Jessica Straughn
- Eugene Michels Award in recognition of outstanding critical reasoning processes used throughout the physical therapy curriculum: Christina Rodriguez
- Jill Sisenwine Berger Award in recognition of excellence, integrity, compassion, altruism, professionalism and social responsibility: Rebecca Adams
- Eric Scott McKee Student Travel Award in recognition of a future scholar who is presenting research at a national meeting: Matthew Jimenez
- Hines Wright Humanitarian Award in recognition of gaining an expanded view of clinical practice and a global citizen: Meredith Brigham
- Marty Palme Award (given in 2014) in recognition of extraordinary efforts on behalf of classmates and the PT program: Jessica Straughn
- John Robinson Award in recognition of outstanding contribution to maintaining the general morale of the students: Christina Rodriguez
- Research Investigation Award in recognition of excellence in research design, execution, and presentation: Andrea Bromley, Ben Buchanan, Megan Cessnun, Melissa Chiu, and Elizabeth DiFebo