Preview Leadership Opportunities
The responsibilities of a Preview leader are to:
- Attend all classes. Please visit the Preview page for course descriptions and class meeting times.
- Attend all health and safety trainings to prepare for the responsibility of accompanying students on an off-campus program.
- Travel to and from course destination with group during the off-campus component.
- Accompany the faculty leader and students with a focus on student needs and course goals.
- Recognize that the responsibilities extend around the clock, while overseas, as needed.
- Support students appropriately in emergencies and collaborate with Arcadia management as needed.
- Participate in the Global Expo in April to celebrate these learning experiences.
To be eligible, faculty and staff must have been at the University for a minimum of one year. They must also have a passport valid through September 2018. Leaders are expected to be team players who are reliable, resilient, flexible, organized, empathetic, pro-active, and responsive to students’ needs. Leaders need to be good communicators who will be calm and effective in emergency situations.
In exchange for assuming this leadership role, Arcadia employees receive round-trip airfare, accommodation, and programmed activities. If chosen, Preview Leaders are expected to view this opportunity as a serious commitment to the University and to the students.
As a general rule, we want Arcadia’s leaders to be a diverse group of University community members from a variety of academic and administrative departments. Each applicant must obtain a recommendation from a departmental chair or supervisor by the deadline of October 6, 2017. Please note that these recommendations are treated confidentially and will not be used for any purpose other than Preview.
How to apply:
The Preview Selection Committee will announce the 2018 participants later in the fall. Please contact the Office of International Affairs (215-517-2428) with any questions. We look forward to receiving your applications and working with the Preview leadership team in this global engagement.