Student Wellness Services Hours and Services for Fall 2020 Semester
Wellness Services would like to extend a warm welcome to our new community members for the Fall 2020 semester, and a welcome back to our returning Arcadia students, staff, and faculty! Counseling Services and Student Health Services have been working over the summer to further develop our services and procedures for the upcoming fall semester. We are committed to providing all of our students the same comprehensive care you’ve become accustomed to at Arcadia, in addition to developing some new digital offerings. While we understand that this semester may present new challenges, Wellness Services is OPEN and ready to assist and support you.
Hours: Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesdays / Thursdays, open until 7 p.m. by appointment.
To schedule an appointment or ask questions, email email@example.com or call 215-572-2967. In the event of a serious mental health emergency (risk of harm to self and/or others), please contact Public Safety at 215-572-2999, dial 911, or go to your nearest emergency room.
Acute Care: Flu, Cold, COVID screening and testing, Allergies, Sprain, and Strains
Men and women’s reproductive health: birth control, HIV, STI screening, PrEP
Labwork: diagnostic (including Quantiferon Gold) and standing orders
Physical Exams: routine physical exams for yearly evaluation, driver’s license, medical clearance
Immunizations: routine vaccines including but not limited to meningitis, TdaP, MMR, varicella and PPD screening for tuberculosis.
Certified Travel Clinic: Vaccines and Prophylactic Medications
Wellness outreach programs
How to contact us
Our phone is set up to triage your calls. Please call 215-572-2966 and select an option that meets your needs:
Option 1 connects you with a member of the SHS staff to be evaluated for scheduling either a telehealth or in-person appointment, administrative purposes, and questions. Staff will be monitoring the phone line consistently throughout the day and you can expect a call back within a business day.
Option 2 is for immediate assistance. You will be connected to the Director of Student Health Services.
Option 3 connects you to Public Safety.
All medication refills or immunization compliance questions can be directed to option 1, or an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect when visiting SHS
1. Call to make an appointment. We are set up to triage your phone calls and determine if you need an in-person appointment or a telehealth appointment.
2. Fill out Forms and Submit Insurance. Prior to your appointment, you may have forms to fill out on your patient portal as well as submitting your insurance information. This will need to be done from home.
3. Expect a COVID-19 Exposure Screening Call. You will be asked a series of questions the evening prior to your visit in order to safely assist you.
4. Prepare for your appointment. You will need to wear a mask for your appointment. If you feel that you are developing COVID related symptoms, please call before coming to campus.
5. Arrive at Scheduled appointment time. Because our waiting room is closed, we advise people to come as close to their scheduled time as possible. Upon arrival, you will need to call SHS to be let in.
6. Payment. All payments (if any) will have to be done through Student Charge and you will be emailed your receipt.