Bangor University Housing
At Bangor University, you will live in the largest housing complex on campus called Ffriddoedd Village, located only 5 minutes’ walk from the train station and the Main University Building. Ffriddoedd Village is a large facility made up of numerous individual halls. Each hall has individual bedrooms with an en-suite and shared kitchen facilities. This allows you the chance to meet interesting people and make new friendships in a communal setting.
The village has everything you require, including: a shop; a cafe/bar; the sports center; along with laundry facilities and common rooms. The village also promotes “life events” happening around the campus throughout the year.
MORE ABOUT BANGOR
Ffriddoedd Village is located close to the mountains of Snowdonia National Park and the gateway to the Irish Sea, providing you a great opportunity to discover the attractions of North Wales. It is also closely located to the major Northern cities of England, Manchester and Liverpool. Both cities are only a 2-3 hour train ride away, providing you tremendous access to the culture of the area.
Overview of Ffriddoedd Village, Bangor University
- Self-catered halls only (no meal plans available).
- Single en-suite bedrooms with fully-equipped kitchens shared between 6-8 students.
- 24-hour security on-site.
- Mixed gender apartments are available, with some female only options.
- Residential Support Team.
- Both wired and wireless internet is available.
- Gym and Campus Life membership are included.
- Laundry facilities available on-site.
- There is bike storage for a small fee.
- Cooking utensils, crockery, tableware, bed-linen and towels are not provided. However, Arcadia will provide a link to purchase a bedding pack and other incidentals prior to moving in. It is optional, but convenient for students, and will be delivered to your room.
- As indicated, there are several residence halls that make up the Ffriddoedd Village, all located at the center of the campus. This shortens your commute among the different facilities, including the campus gym, membership for which is included in the program fee – a rare inclusion at UK universities.
Arcadia guarantees housing on all programs. For additional information on Arcadia housing, please see the Wales Housing page.