Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Academic Support

If you are having difficulty in a course or have questions not answered in the classroom, the instructor is the best person to approach. Full-time faculty hold office hours during which time you are free to seek whatever academic help you need. You can also email them to schedule an appointment. Your adviser is also helpful regarding academic concerns, curriculum and major requirements.

If you are a new student (first-year or transfer), you may meet with staff of Undergraduate Studies: Kay Greene, Assistant Dean or Cristina Cintron-Marsh, Assistant Director, to discuss any concerns you may have. If you are a sophomore, junior, or senior, contact Bruce Keller, Associate Dean.

The Learning Resource Network in Knight Hall, 215-572-4033, offers individual and group tutoring for all undergraduate students. Students may request a tutor, study at the LRN, consult our resources, or use the computer lab. Students who wish to improve their academic performance may consult with the Assistant Dean of Academic Development, Linda Pizzi, on reading and study strategies for their courses. The Writing Center in Landman Library provides individual consultations by appointment or on a drop-in basis for students working on writing projects.


  • Bruce Keller, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Taylor Hall 108A, 215-572-2922
  • Kay Greene Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Taylor Hall 114B, 215-517-2313
  • Cristina Cintron-Marsh, Assistant Director of Undergraduate Studies, Taylor Hall 107A, 215-572-4045
  • Learning Resource Network (LRN), Knight Hall, 215-572-4033

Learn more about our Academic Support

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users


Athletics and Recreation
Kuch Center

Athletics Website

Arcadia is an NCAA Division III institution and a member of the Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC). Twenty four varsity sports are sponsored: 11 men's sports (baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, indoor track/field, lacrosse, outdoor track/field, soccer, swimming, tennis, volleyball), 12 women's sports (basketball, cross country, field hockey, golf, indoor track/field, lacrosse, outdoor track/field, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, and volleyball), and one co-ed sport (esports - competitive gaming).

To participate in varsity sports, students must be enrolled full time and be in good academic standing with the University.

All team uniforms and equipment are issued with the stipulation that all articles must be returned to the Department of Athletics and Recreation within one week of the date of the last scheduled contest. If this is not done, you will be billed through the Business Office for the replacement cost of the article.

The intramural and recreation program allows students the opportunity to participate in activities that include basketball, dodgeball, flag football, floor hockey, softball, game room tournaments, laser tag, mat ball, ping pong, soccer, volleyball, Wiffle ball, yard game tournaments, and more. Information regarding intramural sports and recreational events are posted throughout the academic year. For more information, contact Coordinator of Campus Recreation Ro Ramirez at 267-620-4868

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Career Education

Office of Career Education
Knight Hall, Suite 100


Canvas Community 


OCE Services/Resources 

  • Handshake: The central hub for scheduling appointments, searching job listings, finding internships, signing up for career events, and much more. All Arcadia students already have an account with their MyArcadia login information. Visit  to begin.
  • Career Counseling: Individual career counseling is available by appointment. We assist students/alumni at every step in the career development process. Whether you want to explore your career interests, navigate the job search process, or apply to graduate school, our Career Educators will help. Additionally, we will help you to hone your resume, build interview techniques, & create your LinkedIn profile. Schedule your appointment with a Career Educator via Handshake.  
  • The e3 Career Action Plan is a trackable online career development plan that you can engage with via the OCE Community Canvas site to 
  1. explore career options
  2. enhance employability
  3. develop professional skills
  4. connect with employers  
  5. receive incentives after completing each level
  6. earn a professional development certificate 
  • Career Assessments: Interest and personality assessments will help you identify your interests, skills, and personality preferences in relation to selecting a major and career decision-making. These assessments are interpreted by a Career Educator through individual career consultations. Start with TypeFocus, an online assessment tool using access code “Arcadia OCE”. 
  • Express Advising: Career Peer Advisors (CPAs) are trained in assisting students with achieving their professional goals. They can virtually provide students with the following career development support.
  1. Résumé & Cover Letter Reviews
  2. LinkedIn Profile Tips
  3. Handshake Tutorials
  4. Internship & Job Search Strategies
  5. Tutorials on e3 & OCE’s Canvas Community 

          Visit our Website to confirm CPA availability. Then, email your document to or, share a link to your LinkedIn profile for review. A                        Career Peer Advisor will email feedback to you within 1-2 business days after receiving your request. 

  • Strategic Career Planning: Students may participate in a 2-credit course called ID125: Strategic Career Planning. This course meets over 7 weeks and is open to all class years/majors. 
  • Career Events: We deliver distinct career events to support Arcadia students and alumni in their career and professional development each semester. These events are hosted either on campus or virtually through platforms, such as Handshake, Zoom, and Brazen.  
  • Practice Interviews: Improve your ability to discuss your skills in a professional setting through a practice interview with a Career Educator or industry expert. Search “Interviews” in Handshake and then sign up for “Practice Interviews with the Experts”. We also offer online simulations with feedback through Quinncia, and Big Interview.  
  • Career Resources: Engage with wealth of career and professional advice and resources including Vault (online career library), as well as checking out our Canvas Community page
  • Internships and Jobs: Internships are essential to the Arcadia experience and are consistently rated among the top criteria employers seek in recent college graduates. We support students in finding and successfully obtaining internships across a diverse range of industries.  We also connect job seekers to entry-level and experienced jobs. Search for positions, share your resume with employers, in Handshake under the “Jobs” tab. 
  • Employer and Career Connections: Employers connect with our campus to share industry-specific information, employment, and internship opportunities. We facilitate employer connections through classroom presentations, virtual networking events,and career fairs. Sign-up for employer networking events and fairs through Handshake.  
Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Commuter Assistants

Residence & Commuter Life
Oak Summit Apartments, B building 5th floor

Commuter Assistants help make the Commuter Lounge your home away from home. They plan social and educational events/programs designed to build community and promote campus resources. They also team with Resident Assistants (RAs) on events/programs to create a vibrant campus life for all students.

CAs are undergraduate students selected for their interpersonal skills and their willingness to aid commuter students. They go through extensive training to serve as resources for you. The CAs are important conduits of information and work as your liaison to the Student Affairs Office. They have posted hours during which they will be in the Commuter Lounge, but they can also be seen in the Library, the Commons and the Easton Café. The Commuter Assistants are supervised by the Area Coordinator of Heinz, Knight, and Commuter Life, whose office is one floor above the Commuter Lounge in the lobby of Heinz Hall. 

For more information, contact Zach Cramer, Area Coordinator for Heinz, Knight and Commuter Life, at or 267-620-4126.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users


Bruce Keller
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
Taylor Hall 108A

Amy Henning, M.Ed.
Director of Counseling Services and AOD Program 
Counseling Services
Heinz Hall, Ground Floor

Arcadia University provides a variety of services for students who would like academic and personal support. If you are experiencing personal or academic difficulties or have concerns you wish to discuss with someone, a number of individuals are available to provide assistance.

For academic concerns, make an appointment to talk with your academic adviser or Bruce Keller, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Taylor Hall 108A, 215-572-2922 or Mary Kate McNulty, Associate Dean of Graduate Studies, Taylor Hall, Room 105, 215-572-2877. The times at which faculty members are available are posted outside their offices.

For concerns of a more personal nature, you are encouraged to talk with a counselor from Counseling Services. You can make an appointment by calling 215-572-2967. Services provided are confidential and free to all full-time undergraduate and graduate students. Part-time students are eligible for services at a low cost fee per session. Counseling Services is open Monday to Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm and Thursday's until 7:00pm (by appointment).

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Emergency Notification System

Public Safety Office
Dilworth Hall 215-572-2800
Web Site

Student Affairs
University Commons 215-572-2933

Arcadia’s Emergency Notification System, SendWordNow, is used for campus emergency announcements, including weather-related closings or delays. Text, Arcadia e-mail and voicemail messages will be sent simultaneously to all recipients enrolled in the system. Once a semester, you will be reminded automatically to review your contact information. You can update your information at any time from any computer or mobile device by going to Detailed information about emergency procedures can be found at

The Department of Public Safety highly recommends that all members of the Arcadia University community register with SendWordNow to ensure proper and timely notifications. 


Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Financial Aid

Kistler Hall, Main Desk in Room #5
Web Site

Information concerning financial aid, scholarships, loans and grants is available in the Office of Enrollment Management, located in Kistler Hall, Main Desk in Room #5.  Every effort is made to ensure that students demonstrating financial need and academic progress are awarded aid. If you encounter unexpected financial difficulties after aid is granted or during the school year, you are urged to discuss your problems with the Office of Enrollment Management, 215-572-2980 or via e-mail at Students can also view their up-to-date financial aid information, including their current awards and required documents via the Financial Aid Portal at Online Financial Literacy resources regarding financial health and education are available at

Students should be aware that Arcadia University is required by federal regulation to monitor student progression toward completion of his/her degree. This Satisfactory Academic Progress Standard includes both a quantitative and qualitative measure of progress. Students can view detailed information regarding Arcadia's Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic progress policies at

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Food Service

Dining Services
Dining Complex, 2nd Floor

Metz Culinary Management operates Arcadia University’s Dining Services. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night meals are provided on weekdays, and brunch, dinner and late night meals are provided on weekends. All dining hours are posted at the beginning of each semester; holiday hours, important information, etc. are updated in real-time and can be found on our Dining Services page.

A variety of Meal Plan options are available for both resident and commuter students. Resident students should contact Residence Life with any questions concerning Meal Plan options and prices. Commuter students should contact Housing with any questions concerning Meal Plan options and prices. Contact Dining Services at 215-572-2096 to purchase points/flex dollars and discuss any dietary restrictions, food allergies, special meal arrangements and questions regarding how meal plans work.

A valid Arcadia ID must be presented to the cashiers in the Dining Hall, Chat, Global Café and Easton Café. Only one meal may be used per meal period in the Dining Hall or The Chat for meal exchange. Meals may not be shared. Commuter students not on a meal plan and guests of resident students may pay for individual meals.


Dining Hall, located in Dilworth Hall/Dining Complex, offers an array of dining options, including a Bravo action station, J. Clark’s Grill, Villa Toscana Pizza, and Main Plate Homestyle meals. Lunch is served from 11am-2pm and Dinner is available from 4pm-7pm Monday-Friday. The Dining Hall closes at 6:30pm on Fridays.

The Chat, located in the Commons, offers a made-to-order Market St. Deli and J. Clark’s Grill, as well as extensive Chef Fresh grab and go items. Breakfast items are available from the Grill from 7:30am-10:30pm. The Deli and Grill are available for lunch from 11am-3pm. Dinner is available from 3pm-9pm offering our Chef Fresh grab and go program. Saturday and Sunday the Chat opens 10am-2pm for brunch and dinner is available from 2pm-9pm.

Easton Hall Cafe, located by the water feature in Easton Hall, offers Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Beverages, as well as a wide selection of Chef Fresh grab and go items. Easton Café is open from 7:30am-2pm Monday through Friday and accepts Flex Points, cash and credit or debit card for payment.

Global Café, new this year, located in the Oak Summit apartment complex lobby. The café will be offering Starbucks Coffee, Tea and Beverages, as well as a wide selection of Chef Fresh grab and go items. The café will also offer a specialty global menu. The Global Café is open for breakfast from 7am-10am and dinner from 6pm-10pm Monday through Friday and accepts Flex Points, cash and credit or debit card for payment.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Health Insurance

The University requires that all full-time students have health insurance. All students are required to submit copies of their insurance cards (front and back) to Student Health Services via the patient portal on the MyArcadia website.

International Students are required to participate in Arcadia University’s International Accident and Sickness Program unless they are already covered by another insurance policy.

Arcadia University selected a student injury and sickness insurance plan underwritten by United Healthcare.

To waive or purchase the student health insurance through United Healthcare, please go to the First Student website.  Any student that does not take action to waive out will automatically be enrolled in United Healthcare coverage. The link to waive coverage will be active the first week of July.

Please contact RCM&D at 1-800-346-4075 ext. 1452 or at

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Identification Cards

KnightCard Services


All students are issued a KnightCard (Arcadia Identification Card) when they become a student at the University. This KnightCard, when properly validated, entitles you to use the Library, to access University buildings, claim a meal from your meal plan, and to participate in specifically announced activities. For full-time students, it allows you to vote in student elections, and to make purchases at the University Bookstore and in Dining Services (if in good financial standing). 

KnightCards are available in the KnightCard Services Office located in Taylor 100. There is a $15 replacement fee for lost, stolen or abused ID cards. For more information please contact the KnightCard Services at 215-517-2362.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Information Technology

IT User Support (Help Desk)
Dilworth Hall

Technology is a team effort here at Arcadia. Professionals across the University support all aspects of a student's access to information.  

We provide and support high-speed Internet and wireless networks, email accounts through Gmail, web portals, instructional/academic technology tools, access to online services and service desk support.

Arcadia's campus-wide wireless network provides full coverage in all academic buildings, residence halls and administrative areas as well as areas in which students congregate; such as the Walk of Pride and gathering spaces outside of the Spruance Fine Arts Center and Landman Library.

We serve the needs of the Arcadia University community, both domestic and abroad, striving to provide customer-focus service, secure systems, and solutions in an ever-advancing technology environment.

We are actively working to pursue innovations and welcome your ideas and feedback.  At Arcadia, we know we are stronger together!

MyArcadia, the campus web portal

MyArcadia is the campus portal website, acting as a gateway to sources of information. MyArcadia gives students access to online course information, e-mail, library online resources, and campus department websites. The site is also the main source for campus announcements and event listings. It also provides a quick link to student information which includes online registration, online access to grades and online payments. If you have difficulty connecting to MyArcadia, please contact the Service Desk.

Where are computer labs located on campus?

Computer labs are located in Boyer Hall, Brubaker Hall, and Landman Library. The following labs are open for student computing: Boyer Hall 19; Brubaker Hall 304, 305, 307, Library 1st floor; and the two labs on the lower level of the Landman Library. The labs in Landman Library are open 7 days a week, and the labs in Brubaker Hall and Boyer Hall are open Monday – Friday. The Boyer and Brubaker labs are unavailable when classes are scheduled in the spaces.

Learning Management System

Canvas is used as Arcadia’s new learning management system.  This system provides supportive materials (syllabi, course materials and assignments, and allows online communication between faculty and students.

Electronic Portfolios

An Electronic Portfolio allows you to collect digital projects to an online space for submission or display. As an Arcadia student you will automatically have access to this resource through Canvas. Even if you are not required use this technology for your program or a course, you may create a professional portfolio or archive selected work that you may share via a web browser.

Where do I go to get help?

24/7 Phone: 215-572-2898
Dilworth Hall Service Desk - Monday -Friday 8:30a-5:00p

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Leadership Training and Development Opportunities

Office of Engagement & New Student Programs 

University Commons

The Arcadia University Leadership Education and Development (AU LEAD) program is a comprehensive leadership development experience that provides students with opportunities to grow into a strong, well-prepared leaders ready to make a positive impact on local, national, and global communities. 

Developing leadership skills is important. AU LEAD fosters growth and development of critical leadership skills. By participating in AU LEAD, students will engage in an in-depth exploration of leadership, based on the Social Change Model of Leadership Development. AU LEAD is designed for everyone, regardless of previous leadership experience. 

AU LEAD components include:

  • Leadership Workshop Series: Attend your choice of workshops from the AU LEAD Leadership Workshop Series. With various workshops offered each semester, students are sure to find one that interests you. You can find the schedule of workshops on KnightLife or on the AU LEAD calendar displayed on the first floor of the Commons.
  • Student Leadership Conference: An engaging full-day free leadership conference that provides students the opportunity to network, experience interactive leadership workshops, and learn from both Arcadia and non-Arcadia presenters.

Additional details about specific program offerings can be found on the AU LEAD website. Please do not hesitate to contact the program at

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Lost and Found

Public Safety
Dilworth Hall

Taylor Hall 103

Personal items lost on Campus Are stored in the Public Safety Office in Dilworth Hall. Any found items turned in to any campus departments shall be turned over to the Public Safety Department immediately. Individuals wishing to locate lost or misplaced items may contact Public Safety at any time. Public Safety is available 24/7.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Motor Vehicles and Parking Regulations

Public Safety
Dilworth Hall

KnightCard Services
Taylor Hall, Suite 100

Public Safety Page
Any motor vehicle that you operate on University property, either regularly or temporarily, must be registered and is subject to the driving and parking regulations issued by the University. The University is not responsible for any car on campus, property in a vehicle, damage caused by accidents, or for mechanical problems.

If you plan to park a car on campus you must purchase a parking decal from KnightCard Services in Taylor Hall, at the beginning of the academic year or the spring semester. All registered vehicles must display a Parking Decal. Parking Decals expire on August 31st of each year. Part-time evening and weekend students may receive their parking decal from KnightCard Services. All vendors are to check in with Public Safety for a temporary permit for any prolonged parking on campus.
First-Year resident students are not permitted to have cars on campus during the first year. Requests for permission regarding this policy must be submitted via the Parking Exception Form located on the Public Safety web site under Parking. Please feel free to call with questions at 215-572-2800 or email Public Safety at  

To acquire a parking decal, an application must be completed at KnightCard Services or online at The office is located in Taylor Hall, Suite 100. Students will need a valid vehicle registration, proof of insurance and operator’s license when completing the application. 

Parking decals are non-transferable; in other words, students may not register the vehicle of another student, share a decal or give their parking decal to another person. Temporary parking permits are available at KnightCard Services or Public Safety for those occasions when it is necessary to have a vehicle on campus for a very short period of time. Guests will need to obtain a temporary parking permit.

Student Parking
All parking lots are specifically marked. Arcadia has Students, Faculty/Staff and open parking lots. All parking lots require a parking permit (either a vinyl parking decal or a cardboard temporary parking permit). The temporary parking permits can be used for a maximum of 3 consecutive days. A guest is someone who comes to campus to visit a student. A visitor is someone who is here to conduct business with faculty or staff.

Parking Penalties
Penalties are assessed for motor vehicle and parking violations. Specific fines are posted on Public Safety's Parking page. Vehicles are not authorized to park next to curbs on the main drive unless designated by a sign. Vehicles parked in areas posted as booted or tow away zones will be booted or towed at the owner’s expense without warning! Vehicles parked in fire zones and handicapped spaces are also subject to citations issued by the Cheltenham Police Department. All fines are to be paid by cash, check, or placed on a student account, within five business days of being issued a citation, at KnightCard Services. After the 5 business days there will be a $15 fee added to the fine. Fines must be paid prior to grades being released or before a student will be able to register for future classes. All appeals must be made within 5 business days of citation date unless the University is officially closed, then a citation appeal should be received during the next business day. No appeals will be processed if received after this period.

Guest and Visitor Parking
If you have a guest or visitor on campus with a vehicle, you need to obtain a temporary parking permit from Knight Card Services in Taylor Hall or Public Safety Office in Dilworth Hall (215-572-2800). All guest and visitors must register their vehicle while visiting campus. It is your responsibility to inform the guest or visitor of the regulations. 

Motorcycles, Motorbikes and Scooters
If you have a motorcycle, motorbike or scooter on campus, you must adhere to the same “moving” and parking regulations that apply to all vehicles. Parking inside buildings and on walk-ways is strictly prohibited at all times. All motorcycles, motorbikes and scooters need to be registered.

Bicycles are not to be stored in corridors, lobbies, or under steps. Bike storage racks are located throughout campus outside administrative buildings and residence halls. At the end of the academic year, Facilities will remove any bikes left abandoned on campus bike racks. Contact the Student Affairs Office at 215-572-2933 for appropriate locations for parking or storing your bicycle. Motorbikes and motorcycles are subject to all of the regulations governing motor vehicles and must be registered with Knight Card Services.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

New Student Orientation

Engagement & New Student Programs, University Commons, 215-517-2481,

The Orientation Planning Executive Committee (OPEC), consisting of professional staff and four students, coordinates the planning and implementation of the orientation program for new students. Upperclass student Orientation Leaders (OLs) are selected and trained to mentor and guide new students. More information about the New Student Orientation program is available at

Arcadia’s orientation program is designed to support new student transition to college life. In particular, orientation involves:

  • Taking placement tests for certain subjects to determine the appropriate course level
  • Selecting classes
  • Getting to know your new classmates
  • Meeting members of the Arcadia staff who will advise and support you
  • Answering questions about everything from housing to studying abroad
  • Including your parents, family, and friends in the process of beginning your Arcadia journey

Summer and Spring Orientation are one-day events where new students take placement tests and select classes. Fall Orientation takes place the five days before fall classes begin. First-year students participate all five days, while transfer students can choose to attend either the five-day or a condensed one-day option.


Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Notary Public

Gail Jasper
University Advancement
2550 Church Road
215-572- 8513

Jennifer McCaffery
One-Stop Shop
Taylor Hall

Daniel Yannuzzi
One-Stop Shop
Taylor Hall 

Any forms pertaining to Arcadia University official business (such as financial aid forms) are notarized free of charge. Notaries are currently available in the One-Stop Shop (Taylor Hall), and University Advancement (Blankley Hall). Please contact the notaries directly for availability or to make an appointment.

Please note that car title/transfers cannot be completed.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Off-Campus Housing

Residence and Commuter Life, Oak Summit Apartments, B building 5th floor, 215-572-4026,

Residence and Commuter Life maintains an off-campus housing list, updated periodically. The list contains information directly from landlords regarding private homes and apartments available in the area. The University assumes no responsibility regarding any facilities included in the listing. Students interested in off-campus housing are encouraged to review information available on the Commuter Life website before making the decision to move off-campus. There, students will find helpful check-lists, things to consider when looking for an off-campus housing option, and other useful information.  
Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

PNC Bank

PNC Bank
One-Stop Shop, Taylor Hall, Suite 100, 215-517-2339

 PNC Bank is Arcadia’s banking partner and offers the following services:

  • Two on-campus ATMs; one located in the lower level of the Kuch Center and the other located in the lower level of the Dining Complex.
  • Virtual Wallet Student features include: free of service charges and minimum balance requirements for six years; no PNC charge up to twice per statement period for using another bank’s ATM and up to $5 refunded per statement period for ATM surcharges assessed by other banks; overdraft fees for the first overdraft event waved; no paper statement fees
  • PNC Auto Alerts via e-mail and/or text message to help students monitor their spending and account balances.
  • Customized Web sites, hosted by PNC, where students can complete account applications, manage their finances and find financial and educational information.
  • The PNC Glenside Branch is less than a mile walk up Easton Road.
  • More information can be found at
Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Part-time Employment

Graduate Student Employment A number of graduate assistantships are available to graduate students in degree programs. Appointment is on a semester-to-semester basis. Any person who has been admitted into the graduate program and is taking at least 9 graduate credits in a semester (or 6 credits throughout the summer session) at Arcadia University is eligible to apply for a Graduate Assistantship position.

Applications are available in the Registrar’s Office or online at Please attach a neatly typed resume to the application and deliver it to the Office of Graduate and Undergraduate Studies, which is located in Taylor Hall, Room 112.

Applications will be placed in a file for selection by faculty members or administrators. In order to receive payment, GAs must complete a W9 form and submit it to their supervisor. GAs will be will awarded a stipend for the work they complete, which will be paid monthly, over the course of the semester. 

GAs typically work an average of 4 to 8 hours a week during the academic semester. GAs cannot work more than 32 hours a week at any time. The exact role the individual Graduate Assistant will play depends on the requirements of the specific professor with whom he or she is placed.

View local part-time jobs in Handshake.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Public Safety Department

Public Safety
Dilworth Hall

Emergency Calls    
2999 from on-campus phone

Non Emergency Calls    
215-572-2900 (Switchboard)    
215-572-2800 (Office)

Public Safety Webpage

The Public Safety Department patrols all University properties 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, via vehicle, bike and foot patrol for the protection of the Arcadia University community. Public Safety personnel, in conjunction with federal, state and local agencies enforce laws, statutes and ordinances along with University rules and regulations. The department also provides services for the betterment of the University community. All faculty, staff and students are required to have in their possession at all times their Arcadia University photo identification card and upon request shall present the card to Public Safety personnel. Public Safety may be contacted at 215-572-2800 (ext. 2800 on campus) or 215-572-2999 (ext. 2999 on campus) for emergencies.

The Department of Public Safety is committed to servicing the University community. If you have any feedback for us, please contact us either online at, in person or by phone at 215-572-2800. We want to hear from you.

Members of the Public Safety Department work to provide a safe living, learning environment for students, faculty and staff. Special services aid in helping us fulfill that responsibility. Services include:

  • Security Services
  • Patrols (vehicle, bike, foot)
  • Parking and Traffic Enforcement
  • Safety Escorts
  • Motorists Assistance
  • CCTV Monitoring
  • Investigations
  • Medical Assistance
  • Student Patrol Officers
  • Building Access (Lock Outs)
  • Event Coverage
  • Fire Safety Monitoring
  • Safety Awareness Education
  • Self-Defense

If the University experiences any telephone problems, the Public Safety Department is equipped with non-University telephones for such situations. If the normal telephone numbers do not work, call 215-290-9700. If you have an emergency and cannot reach us by any of these numbers, call 911 immediately.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Public Transportation

Student Affairs 
University Commons, Student Affairs Suite 202 
Public Transportation


The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) manages all of the buses and Regional Rail trains in the local area. Three trains stop by the Glenside train station a short distance from campus providing quick and easy access to the local area and Center City Philadelphia. Also stopping by our campus are two of the local buses with stops right outside of campus on Limekiln Pike. For the latest schedules and more information please visit:

SEPTA Regional Rail to local stops and Center City

Three Regional Rail trains stop at the Glenside station: the Airport Line Regional Rail, the Warminster Line Regional Rail, and the Lansdale/Doylestown Line Regional Rail.


Two bus lines stop at Arcadia right outside of campus on Limekiln Pike: the 22 from Warminster to the Olney Transportation Center and the 77 from Roosevelt-St. Vincent to Chestnut Hill.


Amtrak trains stop at the 30th Street Station that is a short Regional Rail ride to center city from the Glenside station. For more information and schedules please visit

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users


University Relations
16 Forsythe Avenue

On Campus

The Arcadia newsletter is published weekly throughout the academic year by University Relations and highlights news from around campus, which is updated daily on the Arcadia website (  

To submit a news tip or story idea, complete the form on the News section of the website.

Off Campus

The University Relations Office coordinates all off-campus publicity and has the following responsibilities:

  1. University Relations provides a flow of newsworthy information from faculty, students, staff, trustees, alumni, and donors to the news media. Any off-campus publicity must be cleared through this office. The University Relations staff can assist with publicity for certain kinds of student activities. Students should contact the news team at least 4 weeks in advance of an event to discuss publicity options. For the protection of each student as well as the University, students must notify the University Relations Office when they are contacted by the news media, including radio, television, newspapers and magazines. Individual contact information for the office can be found at
  2. University Relations also produces Arcadia, the University’s magazine for alumni and friends, in addition to flyers, brochures, posters, and newsletters. University Relations also manages and maintains the University’s official social media channels, although individual departments should manage their own accounts and are encouraged to do so.
  3. University Relations coordinates and promotes major University events, including Commencement and Honors Convocation, and special community events sponsored or supported by the University.

Please remember that, as members of the Arcadia University community, you are representing the University and serving as an ambassador whenever you are publicly identified with Arcadia University. For further information, contact University Relations, 215-572-2969.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Reserving Space On Campus

Conference Services
University Relations

Any events and programs at the University must be sponsored by academic departments, administrative offices, or recognized student organizations to be considered University events. All space for events (except academic classes) are able to be reserved by making a request via Arcadia's Event Management System (EMS).

Once a request for a space reservation is made in EMS, Conference Services staff will review and send a confirmation to the requesting party if the space reservation is approved. If additional information is needed or if there are questions about your event, a conference service representative will reach out to the individual requesting the space.  Set up requests, catering orders and A/V assistance (if needed) can also be booked with a space reservation in EMS.

Publicity for University events must include the name of the sponsoring organization. Posters and other event marketing information may not advertise the distribution of alcoholic beverages and other controlled substances. 

For guidelines and assistance with using EMS to reserve space on campus, please contact Conference Services at 215-517-2373 or via email to .

Visit the Conference Services & Guest Housing website on MyArcadia for more information.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention & Education

Alison Berk
Sexual Violence Prevention Coordinator

The purpose of the Office of Sexual Violence Prevention and Education is to prevent incidents of sexual and gender-based violence and improve the university's response to such incidents through: Streamlining efforts to prevent and respond to sexual and gender-based violence at Arcadia University through the Coordinated Community Response Team; Reviewing policies, protocols and procedures related to those efforts; Assisting campus community members in understanding and accessing the resources and services available to them if they or someone they know have experienced sexual or gender-based violence.

Our Focus Areas

Comprehensive Prevention

  • Oversee peer educator training and program management
  • Annual programming for Sexual Assault, Stalking and Dating/ Domestic Violence Awareness Months

Student Conduct

  • Train advisers & adjudicators
  • Develop campus understanding of the sexual misconduct process

Victim Services

  • Ensure campus community members are aware of services available to them
  • Train Public Safety personnel in sexual violence response
  • Train appropriate staff members to be trauma-informed
  • Develop a working relationship with local victim services organizations

Public Safety/Law Enforcement

  • Train Public Safety Develop a meaningful partnership between Arcadia University Department of Public Safety and law enforcement agencies

Our Services


The Office of Sexual Violence Prevention and Education offers professional and peer-led workshops and programming to faculty, staff and students throughout the year on a varitopics such as bystander intervention, healthy relationships, changing campus culture, identifying warning signs and problematic behaviors, and responding to reports of sexual and gender-based violence. You can request one of our workshops on our website.


While we are not a confidential resource on campus, we are happy to meet with campus community members to discuss options and services that are available to them. We are able to discuss what kinds of services certain offices offer, how university processes and policies work, how to get connected to a professional victim advocate or answer questions about how to help a friend.


The Office of Sexual Violence Prevention & Education manages GoodKnights, Arcadia's Peer Education Program. Our peer educators are nationally certified by NASPA, receive annual and ongoing training and are responsible for presenting peer-led workshops and planning regular campus programming. Students develop a wide-range of leadership and facilitation skills related to education, activism, social justice, and community engagement.


Group content visibility: 
Use group defaults

Smoking Policy

Student Affairs
University Commons 202
Student Affairs Suite


Arcadia University is committed to maintaining a healthy and safe learning, working and living environment for all members and guests of our community. The smoking policy is designed to minimize the negative effects of secondhand smoke; improve fire safety; and to encourage a more sustainable environment.  You can find Arcadia's smoking policy here.


Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Snow and Emergency Closing Announcement

Public Safety Office
Dilworth Hall
Web Site

Arcadia University (Glenside Campus), (Delaware Campus)

If Arcadia University closes because of snow, local radio stations will announce the emergency closing of the University by number, rather than name. Arcadia University has been assigned number 338 for courses scheduled before 4 p.m. For late afternoon, evening and weekend courses, Arcadia University has been assigned the number 2338. Closing information is also available on local TV stations and on our Web site ( Public Safety also uses the University emergency notification system, Send Word Now, to notify the University community of campus closures.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Student Health Services

Student Health Services
Heinz Hall, Ground Floor
Web Site 

The mission of Student Health Services, is to provide ambulatory medical services and healthy lifestyle promotion to students in the Arcadia community. SHS professional staff includes two Pennsylvania certified registered Nurse Practitioners and a Medical Assistant.  A physician is available for consultations on a weekly basis.

All full-time students must submit a completed health record including immunization documentation upon admission to Arcadia University in order to receive medical care.  Part-time students may also receive medical care for a fee only if they have submitted a completed health record; otherwise, only emergency care is provided. Services provided by SHS includes:

  • Acute Care: Flu, Colds, Allergies, Sprains, and Strains
  • Men and Women’s Reproductive Health: Birth Control, HIV, STI Screening
  • Certified Travel Clinic: Vaccines and Prophylactic Medications
  • Labwork
  • Physical Exams
  • Immunizations: Meningitis, PPD, TdaP, etc.
  • Prescription Refills (except psychiatric medications)
  • Allergy injections

Student Health Services hours are Monday and Thursday 8:30am to 7:00pm, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30am to 4:30pm, and Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. SHS operates by appointment only. Appointments can be scheduled through Patient Portal (found on the My Arcadia homepage). SHS is closed for lunch daily at 11:45-12:30. Physicians’ hours are Physicians’ hours are available one day a week.

Confidentiality: Strict confidentiality will be maintained in all health matters. No information will be released without student consent (this includes parents). 
For further information, please contact Theresa Smith, MSN, CRNP, Director of Student Health Services, 215-517- 2323.

Health Regulations

The following regulations are consistent with Arcadia University’s policy of preventive health care and are made in the interests of your health and the health of the University community as a whole.

  1. In the event of illness or emergency when Student Health Services is not open, contact your Resident Assistant, Area Coordinator, the staff member on duty, or Public Safety at X 2999
  2. In case of emergencies during Student Health Services hours, contact the staff in Student Health Services. The Area Coordinator or the Resident Assistant should be notified as soon as possible. If an ambulance is required, Student Health Services or Public Safety personnel will notify the Cheltenham Police. Transportation to and from the hospital (other than in extreme emergencies) is the responsibility of the student; Student Health Services will assist students in finding suitable transportation.
  3. If you miss more than three days of classes due to illness or emergencies, contact the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies, Bruce Keller, 215-572-2922, who will notify the appropriate faculty.
  4. All requests from the family physician for medical treatment to be carried out by Student Health Services must be in writing and signed by your family physician. If you have medication on campus prescribed by a family physician, bring a copy of the prescription to Student Health Services to be included in your medical file.
  5. In the event of illness, it is the student’s responsibility to contact appropriate faculty. Student Health Services does not give excuse notes for missed classes. 
Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Student Payroll

Office of Student Accounts
Finance & Administration Building, Room 115
Web Site

Undergraduate Students If students work on campus; on-line time sheets must be submitted through MyArcadia according to the biweekly student pay schedule; supervisors approve student hours through the on-line time sheet system. Students are paid biweekly on Fridays. Students may pick up their paychecks at the Office of Student Accounts (checks not picked up in one week will be mailed to the address included on the student's payroll documents). Students may also sign up for direct deposit of their paychecks.

Required Payroll Forms Include: W-4, Local Earned Income Tax Residency Certification Form, I-9, Employee's Statement of NonResidence in Pennsylvania and Authorization to Withhold other State's Income Tax (if applicable). Payroll forms must be completed and submitted to the Office of Student Accounts along with: 1) A U.S. passport, Certificate of U.S. Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card with photograph or unexpired Employment Authorization Document with a photograph OR 2) A Driver’s license or federal, state or locally issued ID; School ID with photograph, or U.S Military card AND a U.S. Social Security card, original or certified copy of birth certificate, ID Card for Resident Citizens, or an unexpired Employment Authorization Document. Original documents are required for photocopying. All forms must be on file before a check can be issued. Students who fail to provide documentation may be prohibited from working.

Optional (Recommended) Payroll Forms Include: Local Service Tax Exemption (LST)*, and Direct Deposit Form. *LST – Employees expecting to earn less than $12,000 in any tax year may be exempt and must sign an affidavit to avoid paying this tax.

Any student receiving a Federally or Departmentally funded award will be responsible for monitoring how much of their work study allocation they have used throughout the academic year. Students can review their allocation information through the on-line time sheet system. Once a student has earned up to his/her allocation, he or she will no longer be permitted to work for the remainder of the academic year. Permission to continue working will only be granted through the student's supervisor and VP/Dean of their department. Please note that hours worked during summer break will not count against a student’s annual work-study award but will be paid through the Departmental Work Study budget.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users


Learning Resource Network
Knight Hall
Web Site

Writing Center
Landman Library (Lower Level)
215-572-4051 Web Site

Free tutoring is available through the Learning Resource Network, Knight Hall, 215-572-4033 for most subject areas including Modern Languages, Biology, Psychology, English/Communications, History, ID Science, Math, Business, etc. Tutoring is provided on a one-to-one or group basis. For more information on how to get a tutor or how to become a tutor, check the LRN web page at or send e-mail to Assistance for writing for all courses is available in the Writing Center, 215-572-4051. 

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users

Writing Center

Writing Center
Daniel Schall, Director
Landman Library (Lower Level)

Web Site

Located in the Lower Level of the Landman Library, the Writing Center offers assistance for students and faculty for any written assignment, and at any stage of the writing process. Consultants can help with analyzing assignments, discovering paper ideas, organization, clarity, revising, documenting final drafts, and much more. Consultants are trained in critical reading, writing and analysis, and provide structured, collaborative conversations to help students in any discipline understand their own personal writing process more fully.

The Writing Center is open Monday through Friday, during posted hours.
Though walk-in consultations are usually possible, at busy times of the semester it is best to make an appointment by registering at Students may also contact the Writing Center via e-mail at or by calling 215-572-4051

Students interested in becoming paid consultants should contact the Director of the Writing Center for prerequisites.

Group content visibility: 
Public - accessible to all site users