About Arcadia University
Grey Towers Castle
A National Historic Landmark, Grey Towers Castle is often cited by alumni as one of the most vivid memories from their time at Arcadia.
Completed in 1898, the building was the architectural centerpiece of an estate owned by William Welsh Harrison. In 1929, Arcadia University (then located in Jenkintown) purchased Grey Towers from Harrison's widow and son. Classes were held in Jenkintown and Glenside until 1962, when the University transferred completely to the Grey Towers property.
The building houses administrative offices of the President, provost and Enrollment Management. Its gorgeous first floor rooms are used for campus meetings and events. First-year students reside on the upper floor.
More About Arcadia
Quick links to campus information and resources.