Our major-based focus is all about advising students on year-long, semester, and summer programs that best meet their academic, career and personal goals. Our success is dependent upon partnerships and collaboration with academic departments and offices across campus. Come engage with us to create and maintain meaningful support structures for our students.
You Can Participate By
- Knowing where to direct your students if they express interest in studying abroad.
- Understanding the opportunities available at Arcadia Centers and our approved list of partners.
- Reviewing the application process students need to follow.
- Brushing up on the commonly asked questions.
- Becoming familiar with our commitment to student health and safety.
Helping Deliver the Message
- Sharing your own personal study abroad, travel or international research experiences.
- Showcasing our student’s study abroad experiences at events and connecting them with their peers.
- Working with us to highlight and brand programs your department wants to emphasize.
- Collaborating on recruitment efforts. For example, co-sponsoring a major specific information session.
- Including a module about study abroad on your course site with the following resources:
Advising students on year-long, semester, and summer programs
- Ask about study abroad interest during academic advising, starting with your first-year sessions.
- Inquire about student’s reasons for studying abroad – coursework, internship, research.
- Create an academic plan with study abroad in mind.
- Appropriate term/s based on the curriculum.
- Flexibility to study a mix of major/minor/AUC coursework.
- Be aware that most students will complete GE/GR when studying abroad.
- Encourage students to seek more information by meeting with us, attending an event, exploring approved programs, or connecting with a STAMP.
- Once a student applies, review their course approval form to approve their course selections and list equivalencies for major/minor courses. You can reference the transfer equivalency tools.