About the Area
Hotels | Philadelphia | Neighborhoods | Shopping
Glenside Area Information (Local)
Arcadia University's beautiful and vibrant campus is located in Glenside, Pa., just 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia.
Arcadia is proud to call Glenside our home. From fantastic local eateries and eclectic shops to a regional rail station, Glenside is an exciting neighborhood. Just 25 minutes outside of Center City Philadelphia, Arcadia students experience the best of two worlds: a major metropolitan city and a small, close-knit suburban community.
Once you become an Arcadia Knight, you’ll receive your own Knight Card that provides you with discounts to local restaurants, shops, and services. Visit the Knight Card page for a list of vendors that offer discounts.
Additional information about Glenside
Arcadia University partners with:
Philadelphia Area Information
There are many exciting things to see and do in Philadelphia. We encourage you to explore all that the city has to offer.
Some of the most popular attractions include Reading Terminal Market, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Philadelphia Zoo, and shops and restaurants along South Street. Philadelphia is a city full of history, found in sites such as The Liberty Bell Center and the National Constitution Center.
Go to VisitPhilly.com to learn about the above and much more, including: Philly sports teams, First Fridays, museums, music venues, theater, art exhibitions.
- Jenkintown, adjacent to campus, is home to restaurants, bars, shops, and an independent movie theater. Every September, the Jenkintown Festival of the Arts, a juried art show, takes over the town and showcases the best of the area’s artistic talent.
- Chestnut Hill is a charming neighborhood less than 5 miles from campus that offers great places to eat and shop in addition to activities for nature lovers, like hiking trails along the Wissahickon and strolling through gardens at Morris Arboretum.
- Ambler is a small town located five miles north of Glenside. It has a bustling main street featuring shops, multi-ethnic restaurants and entertainment.
- Mount Airy is a vibrant, diverse Philadelphia neighborhood only four miles from campus. With a burgeoning art and culture scene, Mt. Airy has frequently been named one of the best neighborhoods in Philadelphia.
- Manayunk, just eight miles from campus, is a trendy neighborhood popular among local college students for its exciting nightlife.
For those who love to shop, there are three malls close to campus: