Become a Public Health Leader in Local and Global Careers
Arcadia’s Master of Public Health (MPH) degree is 100% online. You’ll take an international approach to public health and develop career-relevant skills.
- Built-In Community Health Concentration
- CEPH Accredited
Why Choose Arcadia’s Online MPH?
- Fully Online: Our MPH degree was designed for public health professionals looking to study while working full-time. Complete your MPH while maintaining a realistic balance between work, school, and other responsibilities.
- Hands-on Internship: Hone your admnistrative skills in public health. MPH faculty will help you choose an internship experience that fits into your life, whether online or at a public health organization close to home.
- Global Perspective: The MPH online courses and internship give you a well-rounded approach to the field, so you can pursue public health careers worldwide.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this online program from Arcadia University.
Promote Health Equity and Reduce Disparities
When you complete Arcadia’s online MPH degree, you can advance your career as a public health professional who promotes the health of individuals, families, communities, and the environment. Pursue a role in public health, community health, health research, a non-profit, or health systems administration.
- In the U.S., over 1.8 million professionals, on average, will be working in health care each year from 2022 to 2032.1
- Hospital managers and administrators in the U.S. made a median salary of $125,280 in 2022.2
Develop the Public Health Skills You Need to Succeed
Our online MPH curriculum incorporates research and practice to bring you broad, career-relevant knowledge. Apply your expertise in real-world public health settings through capstone projects and an internship. Our public health master’s degree also includes a built-in Community Health concentration.
Please note that the sequencing of MPH courses is subject to change.
- Achieving Health Equity: From Individuals to Systems
- Health Care Systems and Public Health Policy: An Integrated Approach to Population Health
- Environmental Health: Impact of Community Health
Community Health Concentration
Because this concentration is built into the online MPH, you don’t have to worry about taking extra courses. You’ll closely examine additional topics in community health, such as core functions, program planning, program evaluation, and leadership.
Throughout the Community Health concentration, you’ll deepen your public health expertise and gain these additional skills:
- Program Planning and Policy Development
- Cultural Competency
- Community Dimensions of Practice
- Leadership and Management
Online MPH Admissions Requirements
Arcadia University is here to support you throughout the admissions process. Ready to get started? Here are the requirements for applying to our Master of Public Health.
|Completed online application—you can apply now (there is NO application fee)
|Bachelor’s degree—While there is no specific GPA cutoff, we strongly recommend an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
|Official transcripts from each college, university, or professional school attended
|We highly recommend, but do not require, a statistics course
|Work experience is not required, but we suggest that you bring knowledge of the profession through work or volunteer experience
|Two letters of recommendation
You can transfer up to six credits to meet part of the MPH program requirements.
The application deadline for this program is April 1. New students will start the program in the summer, at the end of May.
MPH Tuition Details
In Arcadia’s 100% online MPH program, you’ll complete 15 courses (42 credit hours) at $840 per credit. Without transferring credits, your total tuition is $35,280.*
Be sure to explore your financial aid and military benefits options by clicking on the link below. Arcadia University is a Military Friendly® School, striving to offer quality and cost-effective education for service members and veterans.
What You Will Learn
The MPH considers education, research, and practice with a globally-minded perspective. The program’s competencies are aligned with the Council on Education for Public Health, ensuring that you receive a quality education that will meet the demands of today’s public health careers.
Arcadia University’s Department of Public Health, including the MPH, is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). Foundational MPH Competencies (as prescribed by CEPH) include:
- Evidence-based Approaches to Public Health
- Public Health and Health Care Systems
- Planning and Management to Promote Health
- Policy in Public Health
- Interprofessional Practice
- Systems Thinking
Visit our Accreditation and Competencies page to learn more.
Learn From Expert Faculty
Our MPH online program is taught by experienced professors who will expand your understanding of coursework and how it applies to real-life public health situations.
Suzanne Redington, DrPH, MPH, Master of Public Health Director
Suzanne brings over 15 years of experience to Arcadia University’s Department of Public Health. In addition to teaching several public health courses, Suzanne works closely with the Bucks County Department of Health, Bucks County Medical Reserve Corps, and other regional organizations. She has taken part in emergency responses to virus outbreaks and natural disasters at the national, state, and local levels.
Online Learning Experience
Arcadia’s online programs bring together the best aspects of flexibility and personal guidance. You can study at your pace, accessing the online coursework at convenient times for your schedule. At the same time, we built our online environment to provide seamless engagement with your instructors and classmates. Benefit from a highly flexible experience backed by ongoing support for achieving your career goals.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to common questions about the Master of Public Health program online. If you have a question not covered here, request more information to connect with an enrollment advisor.
Does the MPH online program have a part-time option?
This is an answer.Yes. Arcadia University designed the MPH online program for professionals to take classes part-time. This allows you to achieve a realistic balance between work, school, and personal responsibilities. To review the curriculum, visit our courses page.
Is the MPH online program accredited?
Yes, Arcadia's Master of Public Health (MPH) degree online program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH), signaling the rigor of our curriculum. You can learn more about the courses by visiting the curriculum page.
Does the MPH online program accept transfer credits?
Yes, Arcadia's master's degree program accepts up to six transfer credits for the foundation course requirements, not including the Capstone strategy or concentration courses. You can learn more about additional program requirements on our admissions page.
Do I have to pick a concentration in the MPH online program?
The Community Health concentration is automatically included in the MPH, so you don't have to select it. Learn more about the concentration on our curriculum page.
Sources and Disclaimer
- Healthcare Occupations. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved Oct. 23, 2023, from https://bls.gov/
- Medical and Health Services Managers: Pay. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved Oct. 27, 2023, from https://bls.gov/
*This is an estimate of the total tuition based on the current school year and is subject to change.