Graduate Programs in Early Childhood Education
Combine leadership training, infant-toddler development courses, and evidence-based tools to prepare to work with young children and their families. Our program provides you with the skills necessary to promote holistic development and learning in all young children, in a variety of settings. This 30-credit program is designed for early childhood, mental health, special education, child welfare, and health care professionals, as well as social service and child care providers, home visitors, teachers, and program directors.
Studying Early Childhood Education, you will:
- Hone your instructional strategies for cresting high-quality early learning programs that build on each child’s unique individual and family strengths, cultural backgrounds, languages, abilities, and experiences.
- Learn best practices in designing meaningful learning environments for children in pre-kindergarten through grade 4.
- Have a flexible course schedule with summer and evening online courses to continue work while pursuing your educational and career goals.
- Gain diverse and inclusive experiences through Arcadia’s Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) commitments and values-based educational experience.
You can receive this master’s with the option for a PreK-4 Education Certification that prepares you for enhanced classroom management and practices, leadership development, and advantages in hiring, promotion, and overall job satisfaction. The master’s degree is not required to receive the PreK-4 certification.
With the non-certification Early Childhood Education degree, you can explore the Infant-Toddler Mental Health Certificate as well as the PA Director Credential.
- Infant-Toddler Mental Health Certificate: Explore how to support healthy socio-emotional development, prevention, and intervention efforts to address mental and behavioral health issues in early childhood.
- PA Director Credential: Gain the skills and knowledge to organize, lead, and manage high quality education centers based on state mandates, current trends, and research-based practices.
If you have a bachelor’s degree in any subject area, you are eligible to apply to Arcadia’s School of Education and prepare for a career in education.
Human Development: The School Years, K–12
Engage in a collaborative dialogue to understand physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development in children and adolescence with a special attention to developing a cultural perspective to understanding human development
Introduction to Inclusive Education
An introductory course in special education with an emphasis on inclusion and diversity, this course provides an overview of the complex issues surrounding inclusive and heterogeneous schooling.
School of Education Graduate Program Information
Teacher Certification Agreements
Pennsylvania has signed the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement that provides for acceptance of state-approved educator preparation programs between certain states to facilitate educator mobility.
Education Graduate Admission Requirements
For working professionals seeking graduate degrees or certifications, we offer full-time, part-time, online and options to build your own degree.
Graduate Education Program Tuition and Fees
Learn more about the cost differences for part- and full-time students and any specialized School of Education program costs.