The Annual Fund
Strengthening the Annual Fund is a campaign priority. Your gift not only allows us to move forward with new facilities and scholarships for students, but it also increases Arcadia's stature in U.S. News & World Report rankings. Your participation is important to Arcadia.
Make your gift today.
Giving Clubs & Societies | Awards
About the Annual Fund
An annual gift is one that is made to Arcadia University during the course of a fiscal year which runs from June 1 through May 31.
The unrestricted Annual Fund secures unrestricted monies for the University's yearly operating purposes such as student services, academic support, buildings and grounds maintenance, student scholarships, library operations and international programming. Gifts can be designated accordingly or as unrestricted support which allows the University the most flexibility.
The Annual Fund is enormously important to the welfare of the University, since money raised through it fills the gap between the University's operating expenses and the revenue generated by tuition. If the University were to depend solely upon tuition for its revenue base, the opportunity for higher education would be beyond the financial grasp of a significant percentage of students.
It is for this reason that private universities depend on a generations-old tradition, which seeks philanthropic support from alumni who, themselves, were supported by the philanthropy of the alumni who preceded them. Because the Annual Fund is so central to the University's ongoing well-being, it is comprised of a series of funds (the Alumni Fund, the Graduate Alumni Fund, and the Parents' Fund) designed to distinguish the giving of separate constituencies and has a series of giving clubs associated with it.
Giving Clubs & Societies
- President's Circle: Gifts of $1,000 or more qualify a donor for recognition in the President’s Circle. Donors at this level are recognized for their leadership gifts and receive Presidential communications and invitations.
- Castle Benefactor and Contributor: The Castle Benefactor Club recognizes those giving from $250 to $999, and the Contributor level recognizes those whose gifts are up to $249.
- The Covenant Society: The Covenant Society recognizes those who make a commitment to the University with a planned gift, including a charitable bequest or a charitable gift annuity.
- Knight Society: The Knight Society recognizes Arcadia’s most loyal alumni—those who give to the University every year.
The Arcadia Annual Fund Awards
The Arcadia Annual Fund Awards honor undergraduate Reunion and non-Reunion classes for their gifts to Arcadia during a fiscal year. The Awards are presented each year at the fall Alumni Association Meeting.
- The Arcadia Annual Fund Award for the Class with the Largest Gift
- The Martha-Lee Taggart Sunderman Award for the Class with the Highest Percentage of Participation
- The Arcadia Annual Fund Award for the Class with the Largest Gift Increase
- The Harry G. Kuch Award for the GOLD (Graduates Of the Last Decade) Class with the Highest Percentage of Participation.
These special awards are presented each year during Reunion Weekend and honor Reunion classes and their total Campaign commitments.
- The Ethlyn Selner Mack Bowl—Given to the Reunion Class with the Highest Percentage of Participation
- The Bette E. Landman Plate—Given to the Reunion Class with the Largest Gift to Arcadia at the time of Reunion.
2013 Annual Fund Awards
- Martha-Lee Taggart Sunderman Award for highest percentage of participation: Class of 1955 (Elsa Lu Berkowitz ’55, Class Fund Agent)
- Harry Kuch Gold Award to the class from the last decade with with highest percentage of participation: Class of 2008 (April Dawes, President)
- The Annual Fund Award for the Class with the Largest Gift: Class of 1968 (Babette Senker Krug, Madeline Johnson Stein, Class Fund Agents)
- The Annual Fund Award for the Class with the Largest Gift Increase: Class of 1980 (Georgia Crozier, Nancy McSherry-Collins, Class Fund Agents)
Read the Latest Issue
and Development Office
16 Forsythe Ave.
Glenside, PA 19038
Office of Alumni Relations
Blankley Alumni House