Grant Proposal Development Activities
- Identify funding opportunities;
- Assist with the interpretation of funding guidelines;
- Assist with all stages of the proposal development including budget development, securing necessary institutional letters of support, certifications and other documentation;
- Coordinate the approval of the developed proposal by the university routing committee;
- Ensure proper review of the proposal components by administrators from the collaborating institutions;
- Submit grant proposals electronically on behalf of the institution.
Grant Administration Activities
- Support faculty and staff efforts in implementation of the external grants and contracts awarded to the university;
- Conduct award set up orientation to ensure proper oversight of the grant;
- Notify Principal Investigators/Project Directors about the required reporting requirements;
- Coordinate effort certifications;
- Provide advice and recommendations on issues related to grant administration;
- Conduct trainings on grant related issues; review grant agreements and contracts;
- Coordinate subaward agreements, preparation and execution.
Research Compliance Activities
- Develop policies related to Sponsored Research Administration to ensure compliance with government regulations;
- Provide administrative support and oversight of university-authorized research and projects that involve human participants and animal subjects;
- Coordinate the work of the Committee on Protection of Research Subjects (COPRS: Institutional Review Board [IRB] & Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee [IACUC]);
- Conduct annual Significant Financial Interest disclosure certifications;
- Oversee the research misconduct training requirements and certifications.
Committee on the Protection of Research Subjects
Oversight of all on-campus and off-campus university-authorized research (funded and non-funded) that involves human participants and animal subjects is exercised by the Committee on the Protection of Research Subjects (COPRS). COPRS consists of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC). This oversight is applicable to all research, research training, experimentation, biological testing, psychological testing, and related activities involving human participants or animal subjects. If you will be conducting research involving human participants or animal subjects, you must contact COPRS.