Scarlet, Grey & Blue Ribbon Committee To Conduct National Search for Athletics Director
Arcadia University President Carl (Tobey) Oxholm III has appointed a Scarlet, Grey and Blue Ribbon Committee to conduct a national search for Arcadia’s next Director of Athletics and Recreation.
“We are intent on the next level of excellence for our intercollegiate and intramural programs at AU, and thanks to retiring AD Shirley Liddle, we are well prepared to achieve it,” said Oxholm. The Scarlet, Grey and Blue Ribbon Committee meets on Feb. 9 to begin the search process. (Read more about Liddle’s career.)
Members of the Scarlet, Grey and Blue Ribbon Committee are:
- Annette Halpin, Ph.D., M.B.A., Assistant Professor, School of Business (Co-Chair). She has served as Arcadia’s Faculty Athletic Representative to the NCAA for several years, is an officer of Phi Kappa Phi (AU’s International Honor Society), and has served on the search committees for several Arcadia coaches—most recently Women’s Basketball and Men’s Soccer. In the School of Business, she teaches Marketing, Finance, International Business, and Strategic Management, and is also Program Coordinator for Marketing and Sports Management. She played Division I basketball as an undergraduate at LaSalle University and has coaching experience at the high school and college levels (Arcadia University).
- Mark Lapreziosa, Vice President, Enrollment Management (Co-Chair). He has given 26 years of passionate service to Arcadia University in Admissions and Enrollment Management and was the University’s very first EM/Athletics liaison. He has close working relationships with the Athletic Director and coaches on recruitment and admissions, and has run many searches over his AU career.
- Timothy Barton, Director of Student Services, The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University
- Jessica Campbell ’14—Women’s Basketball and Softball, Psychology
- Lawrence Catuzzi, Vice Chairman, Houston Sports Authority, former head coach Williams College football, and husband of Barbara Jony Catuzzi ’58
- Marc Gottfried ’13—Baseball, Psychology & Spanish, member, Student Athletic Advisory Committee
- Caitlin Sparks Layne ’08
- Catherine “Cat” Kirschner Mattingly ’99M. Ed., Director of Residence and Commuter Life
- Meredith Mayes ’10DPT, Assistant Coach, AU Women’s Softball
- Rob Nydick, Head Coach, AU Men’s Soccer
- Marty Palmer ’88, President, Arcadia Athletic Alumni Association (“Quad A”) and member, AU Athletic Hall of Fame
- Justin Scott, Athletic Academic Coordinator and Assistant Coach, AU Men’s Basketball
- Betty Holton Weiss ’60, former coach, Beaver College Men’s and Women’s Tennis, and member, AU Athletic Hall of Fame