High School Guidance Counselors Depart for Educators’ Preview in China
On June 19, Tiffany Still, Senior Assistant Director of Enrollment Management, and Tamara Lapman, Associate Director of Enrollment Management, departed for Educators’ Preview in China, accompanying a group of 11 high school educators who were chosen from more than 140 attendees in December 2011 at the Counselor Workshop and Luncheon sponsored by the Offices of Enrollment Management and International Affairs.
Educators’ Preview provides an opportunity for high school guidance counselors and teachers to experience what Arcadia first-year students experience during Freshman Preview. “This experience exposes the educators to Arcadia’s expertise in study abroad and provides invaluable lessons to share with their students,” said Still.
The group will visit several universities and secondary schools in Beijing, Xi’an and Qingdao, learning about differences between the Chinese and US educational systems and interacting with faculty and administrators. Educators’ Preview also includes cultural and historical sightseeing and the group will be exploring the Great Wall, the Terracotta Warriors and Beijing’s hutong district.
The group of educators who will be traveling to China are:
- Carla Mail – South Brunswick High School, Monmouth Junction, N.J.
- Wendy Hager – Greater Latrobe Senior High School, Latrobe, Pa.
- Aaron Barkley – Valley Forge Military Academy, Wayne, Pa.
- Jean DiSalvio – Voorhees High School, Glen Gardner, N.J.
- Marisa Pelosi – Morris County School of Technology, Denville, N.J.
- Mary Sheets – Bishop McDevitt High School, Wyncote, Pa.
- Marybeth Competelli – Mount Saint Joseph’s Academy, Flourtown, Pa.
- Bill Crawford – Central High School, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Janice Botterbusch – Dallastown Area High School, Dallastown, Pa.
- Lisa Weitzman – Capital Area School for the Arts, Harrisburg, Pa.