LehighValleyLive.com: Future Pitcher for the Knights Polishes Off 50 Career Wins

By schwartzsa | June 8, 2012

LehighValleyLive.com reported on Erin Wilson, incoming member of the Class of 2016 and pitcher for the Liberty High School softball team. Wilson notched 50 career wins pitching for the Hurricanes, as reported by contributor Bill Ross. Wilson will be pitching for the Knights next spring.

“It’s tough,” Hurricanes coach Rich Giering said. “We had shots, a lot of shots early. We were there. We had bases loaded a couple of times, we had eight hits and left 11 girls on. When you get into a state game with a pretty good team you’ve got to capitalize. They had a couple of big hits and, hey, that’s just the way it goes sometimes.

“This is a good team we lost to, and we knew that coming in. I’m happy with the overall season. … Yeah, we would have liked to move on. It was a good year: 20 wins – we’ve never had that. First district title. (Erin Wilson) had 50 career wins. Like I told her, I don’t think anybody’s going to top that while I’m alive. That’s tough to beat.”