- Citation Builder. This site, from North Carolina State University, formats your citations in the APA, MLA, Chicago, and CBE styles.
- EndNote Web. This tool, available to the Arcadia community, allows you to store and organize references and easily create formatted bibliographies. Instructions are available at the link above.
- The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition. Main Stacks, Z253.U69 2010.
- A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers, Kate L. Turabian, 7th edition. Main Stacks, LB2369.T8 2007.
- Chicago Manual of Style Find it. Write it. Cite it. The Chicago Manual of Style Online is the venerable, time-tested guide to style, usage, and grammar in an accessible online format.
- University of Wisconsin at Madison, The Writing Center
- Chicago Style, 16th edition, at the Excelsior Writing Lab
- MLA handbook for writers of research papers, 8th edition (MLA Handbook). LB2369 .G53 2016.
- Online Writing Lab, Purdue University, MLA
- MLA Style, 8th edition at the Excelsior Online Writing Lab
- MLA Citation Simplified. Includes information about both in-text and reference citations.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 7th edition. Reference BF76.7 .P83 2020.
- Reference Examples from APA for citing a variety of sources in APA 7th edition.
- Online Writing Lab, Purdue University, APA. Now updated to APA 7th edition.
- APA Style Guide at the Excelsior Online Writing Lab – includes APA 7th and 6th editions
- The Basics of APA Style. This tutorial is designed for those who have no previous knowledge of APA Style. It shows users how to structure and format their work, recommends ways to reduce bias in language, identifies how to avoid charges of plagiarism, shows how to cite references in text, and provides selected reference examples.
American Medical Association (AMA)
American Sociological Association (ASA)
- American Sociological Association (ASA) Guide Online Style Guide
- ASA style guide from Dickinson College’s Waidner-Spahr Library
- ASA Style Guide with extensive examples from Shippensburg University’s Ezra Lehman Memorial Library (click the red “Choose ASA Format” button to select the type of material to cite)
- Purdue OWL ASA Guide