Landman Library for Hybrid Students
Hybrid students use the library the majority of the time from a distance and have periodic onsite access to the Glenside campus.
Landman Library supports all of Arcadia University’s students by providing a culture of continuous learning, suitable study and work spaces, as well as robust services and resources to support life-long learning, scholarship, and intellectual contribution.
The library’s electronic resources are accessible anywhere you, as an authorized user, have access to the internet, regardless of location. Your program enrollment includes automatic access to the many journals and resources that you’ll need to succeed. Make sure you’re logged into MyArcadia to ensure smooth access to everything.
- Subject Guides Look for your program’s or major’s subject guide. START YOUR ELECTRONIC RESEARCH HERE. Faculty librarians have developed these pages for your optimal use.
- Databases The term “database” applies to tools that search for resources like journal articles or ebooks. Pick databases by name and start searching.
- Ejournals The “Find a Journal” search box here looks for journal titles across all the databases we subscribe to so you don’t have to know the name of the database it’s in.
- Ebooks The library has electronic books from a variety of providers. When you search the Catalog, the search tool finds ebooks across all of them. Click on a book and start reading.
- Can’t Find Full-text? Learn the best steps for getting the full-text of an article you can’t otherwise seem to access.
- ILL (Interlibrary Loan) Use this robust free service to get articles we don’t otherwise have full-text access to. We’ll get it from for you from another subscribing library. You can even request book chapters (but not whole books). Requesters receive the article or chapter electronically: No need to return them.
- Librarians You have access to your program’s or major’s academic librarian. Ask for help!
- Reference Get answers to library and article research FAQs. Ask for help!
- Research Consultations Schedule a virtual appointment with an academic librarian for help searching for research articles. Ask for help!
- Books For those times when you need something physical, either to study or to read casually. Search the Catalog to find them.
- Diversions (Puzzles, Games, Poster Coloring, Leisure Reading) Look around the library or ask about these. For those times when you need a good distraction. Most of these diversions are available only for use in the library, but games and leisure reading books can be borrowed. Return them before you leave the local area.
- Vending Machines The usual drinks and snacks are on the lower level around the corner from the main staircase.
- Borrowing Available to local users. Return items before you leave the local area.
- Computers The library hosts the campus’s largest open computer work space right on the main level.
- Printing Black and white printers are available for use throughout the building.
- Reference Get answers to library and article research FAQs. Talk to an academic librarian for your program or course and get the benefits of live, personal service. Ask for help!
- Research Consultations Schedule a live, personal appointment for help conducting research article searching. Ask for help!
- Writing Center Undergraduate and graduate students staff the popular and effective University Writing Center. Services are designed for both undergraduate and graduate students.
- Gallery The Judith Taylor Gallery for Student Art hosts a variety of shows on the lower level.
- Study Space Spread throughout the library are rooms, armchairs, carrels, and tables that students can use to study.
- ATS Virtual Reality Lab The ATS VR Lab (lower level) is specially staffed to permit anyone to learn and use this hot new technology.