Resources for Actuarial Science
Actuarial Science Articles
- Databases: Links and descriptions for top journal databases like Business Source Complete*.
- Journals: A list of select top journals in AS like ASTIN Bulletin* and Journal of Risk & Uncertainty*
- Database of Actuarial Research (DARE) A subscription-free database provided by CAS (Casualty Actuarial Society) featuring every article it has published and more.
Actuarial Science Next Databases
1. Sometimes you already have a citation for an article.
2. Sometimes a journal database or internet browser doesn’t provide full-text.
Learn the steps to find another source where it might be full-text.
Get articles to journals we don’t even subscribe to with Interlibrary Loan.
Guide for Actuarial Science Books
- Actuarial Science Books*
- Ebook Central*: Fundamentals of Actuarial Mathematics*, Actuaries’ Survival Guide*, Actuarial Science: Theory and Methodology*, and other Actuarial Titles*. EBC is a product of ProQuest featuring titles by various publishers.
- Print Books: Actuarial Mathematics for Life Contingent Risks and other Actuarial Titles.
- Book Chapters: Use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to request a known chapter from a book.
Arcadia’s Actuarial Science Websites
Find authoritative publications from the organizations:
- AM Best “AM Best is the world’s first credit rating agency.”
- ARIA American Risk and Insurance Association “is a scholarly association devoted to the study of and promotion of risk and insurance economics.”
- Casualty Actuarial Society “[CAS] is a leading international organization for credentialing and professional education.”
- Institute and Faculty of Actuaries “It is the UK’s only chartered professional body dedicated to educating, developing and regulating actuaries based both in the UK and internationally.”
- International Actuarial Association “[IAA] is the worldwide association of professional actuarial associations…”
- Research Topics “…A wide array of reports, studies and other tips in understanding aging and its impact” from the Society of Actuaries.
- Society of Actuaries “With roots dating back to 1889, the [SOA] is the world’s largest actuarial professional organization…”
Actuarial Science Journals
- Actuarial Review The magazine of the Casualty Actuarial Society. This publication is open access.
- (The) Actuary The magazine of the Society of Actuaries. This publication is open access.
- Annals of Actuarial Science* A journal of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries, AAS publishes a combination of theoretical and applied articles.
- ASTIN Bulletin* The journal of the IAA (International Actuarial Association)
- Best’s Review The magazine of AM Best, an insurance company. This publication is open access.
- European Actuarial Journal* A journal that “focuses on links between actuarial theory and practice.”
- Insurance: Mathematics and Economics* A journal that “publishes leading research spanning all fields of actuarial science research.”
- Journal of Risk & Insurance* The journal of ARIA, the American Risk and Insurance Association.
- National Underwriter. Life & Health/Financial Services Ed.* As of 2017, this magazine has been succeeded by ThinkAdvisor Life/Health Insurance.
- North American Actuarial Journal The journal of the Society of Actuaries. This publication is open access.
- Variance “Advancing the Science of Risk.” The journal of the Casualty Actuarial Society. This publication is open access.
*Arcadia University login credentials required.