Subject Guide: Biology
Subject Specific Databases
PubMed Rightly, this is the go-to resource for many medical professionals. A very large, very comprehensive database that is an excellent starting and finishing point for conducting health science literature research. It searches the MEDLINE database and other life science journals.
Academic Search Ultimate* A large, academically multidisciplinary article database that is a very good place to start a scholarly literature search.
ScienceDirect* Scholarly articles from scientific, technical, and medical journals. A product of the major academic publisher Elsevier.
Journals@Ovid* Scholarly articles from scientific, technical, and medical journals.
EBM Reviews* Evidence-based medicine (EBM) reviews of articles on many health science topics. This resource searches multiple sources simultaneously:
- ACP Journal Club
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews*
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE)*
- Cochrane Methodology Register
- Health Technology Assessment
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database
WorldCat A huge database of books and other materials found in libraries across the U.S. and worldwide that you can borrow using Interlibrary Loan.
Find select anatomy ebooks with information on finding more.
Journal of Visual Experimentation
Access and learn JoVE* in three parts:
- A video-based scholarly journal* in Behavior* and Neuroscience*
- Educational videos* in Biology* and Psychology*
- Campbell’s Biology text supplement*
Learn experimental and laboratory techniques. Learn new content. Reinforce concept understanding.
*Arcadia University login credentials required.