Minor in French
This 20-credit minor within the Modern Languages and Cultures program combines well with nearly every choice of Arcadia major and a student’s desire to attain language skills for a career and life beyond America.
What to Expect
- Intermediate level studies in French language, conversation, and culture
- Low enrollment classes with experienced language professors
- Opportunity to study abroad to enhance a major field of study while strengthening language and cultural appreciation skills
- French language minors distinguish themselves among their business, governmental, healthcare, communications, and hospitality colleagues with their language skill and cultural understanding of the French people
- Foreign service, diplomacy, art, fashion, publishing, and communications fields have opportunities for trained speakers of French
Requirements for the Minor in French
A total of 20 credits above the 102 level
FR 102 may not be included in the total of 20. Students entering at a level higher than 102 should consult with the Department Chair concerning their course selection for the minor.
Up to one course in English with a cultural content related to the language being studied.